file Top 5 wallpaper

24 Nov 2011 12:59 - 24 Nov 2011 13:29 #15775 by blackday
Replied by blackday on topic Re: Top 5 wallpaper
ooooops....double post
Last edit: 24 Nov 2011 13:29 by blackday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2011 12:59 #15776 by Chaitan
Replied by Chaitan on topic Re: Top 5 wallpaper
I have 35 decks at the last count and still over a 100 unused Bums Rush.

An excess amount of common cards is IMHO more of a wallpaper than a few rare unused cards.

One Sword of Caine box gave 17 Eccentric Billionaire. That's 3 Eccentric Billionaire and 14 wallpapers.

More
24 Nov 2011 13:18 #15783 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Top 5 wallpaper

Blood of the Cobra
:combat:
:qui: Strike: 1R damage.
:QUI: Strike: ranged. Play a non-ranged strike that requires Quietus from your hand and use that strike as if it were ranged (if the chosen strike is a hand strike, the hand strike's damage is not ranged and this strike is not a hand strike).

How it's playable ?

Immaculate Vitae
:reaction:
Only usable when a vampire controlled by another Methuselah successfully hunts.
:qui: Put this card on that vampire; that vampire cannot block this reacting vampire. Burn this card if that vampire goes into torpor.
:QUI: As above, but the acting vampire does not gain blood from the current hunting action.

You are not even able to play it most of the times.

Ditto with other mentioned cards.

Blood of the Cobra. As mention earlier. Plus 1r at 0 cost is not that bad. Has it's uses.

Immaculate Vitae. In a blood denial deck this is good. Imagine playing this with Foul Blood. A definitive topor situation. And you remove annoying wall decks. It's a bit prizy, but with the path in play, that's not such a big problem. It's not a good card. But it have it's uses.

Why would you play immaculate vitae in addition to foul blood ? Playing just foul blood is better. Using both you lost half of foul blood utility and you just inflict 1 damage for 3 blood under hard to get condition (vampires don't hunt often).

1r is not good, :ani: and :pot: have 1r that have maneuver, :qui: have 1R that inflict additional damage to allies AND do something at :QUI: unlike this wallpaper.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
24 Nov 2011 13:42 #15787 by er-principe
Replied by er-principe on topic Re: Top 5 wallpaper
Tortured Confession
Twisting the knife
Death Pact
Consume the Dead
Masai blood milk

but there are several other that could place on those 5 spots

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff

More
24 Nov 2011 16:10 #15804 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Top 5 wallpaper
Up Yours!

Awesome name, awful card.

More
24 Nov 2011 17:29 #15814 by echiang
Replied by echiang on topic Re: Top 5 wallpaper

4. Jua Vema (simillar to Skin of Night, only requiers more and does less)
5. Art of Love, The (Entrancement anyone?)

Jua Vema is hardly wallpaper. In the right deck, you can have rush actions that cannot be blocked by vampires. (Do a rush action, play Daring the Dawn, and during the resulting combat use Jua Vema to convert the Daring the Dawn agg into normal).

Art of Love isn't amazing, but it's a solid and usable card. Someone else already mentioned using it with War Ghouls. Alternatively, you can steal someone's Carlton or War Ghoul and immediately burn them with their innate abilities. You can similarly kill Infernal Servitors with it. Against the Imbued, it's useful to "fake out" the Imbued player by tricking him into burning his React with Conviction (and you then follow-up with a *real* Entrancement to keep the ally for good).

• Crimson Fury -- way too conditional
  • Can be amusing with Reform Body. "For all your efforts, you burn and I stick around."

• Sonja Blue -- building on deck on vampire that is constantly under threat of being hijacked?
  • Jacob, The Glitch -- losing your hand over and over again?
  • Miguel Cordovera -- paying 6 pool to give my predator a vampire to bleed me?
  • Hector Trelane -- giving someone pool when my vampire goes to torpor (or is burned)?
  • I do agree with this list though. Really debilitating disadvantages (why do they predominantly appear on Tremere and !Tremere though?). If Hector Trelane had been made after KMW, he would simply have had Red List which would have made him a bit more playable.

3) Day Operation. Daring is plain better.

Well, it *used* to be decent in the old days when it prevented *all* block attempts (by vampires *and* allies). Nowadays, it might be *slightly* useful if you have inferior :for: guys who have ways to reduce the cost of cards (like Masochism?). But yeah, generally it is worse than Daring the Dawn.

5) Can we nominate THN combat as a whole?

Groaning Corpse is good. Compress is expensive but a pretty good way to burn vampires. Creeping Infection is actually good for a bleed deck. Withering can be quite good in the right deck.

4. Betrayer

Betrayer is very weak but it has its uses in Uriah Winter decks. I've also seen Pander decks with the Group 4 Pander try and use it (with varying degrees of success).

Consume the Dead

Consume the Dead isn't that bad. I've seen Nagaraja put it to good use to recoup the cost of Shambling Hordes or Masquer (Wraith). It's also not that uncommon to see some minion/retainer burned during a typical game.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
    @pckvtes

More
    Moderators: AnkhaKraus
    Time to create page: 0.096 seconds