compress salubri grouping

06 Feb 2012 21:25 #22421 by ReverendRevolver
Saulot trumps enosh because he can do what enosh does better. he's not a hunting ground, but he does move beads to uncontrolled minions, add master of serenity and he's powerbase saulot.
matthew is the g6 salubri i really want to like, yes he can forced march, and reduce the cost of masters, but +1 intercept is incredibly useful. its hard to care about +1 bleed, strength, or 1 vote (without other text or POT/FOR), but +1 stealth and +1 intercept can be huge. Carna, anatole, neighbor john, pascek, sergei voshkov, nadima... there are more, but those are all very useful because of the +1 intercept, and can have decks built around them arguably because of that.
Miriam is billy and maldavis in decks where you can use all three, the g6 crowd is (at least until the new set comes out) left with KoT and SoC to group with otuside of the !salubri from heirs.
i feel i was only unfair to mr noir, but i see him as a for weenie and little else.
Saulot has disciplines to make him fit in with alot of crowds. tournament winning decks have him tool up, spiritmarionette, renew vigor, wall, play with nergal, play with !salubri, and play with !tremere, doing multiples of those things at once, making him versatile as any 11cap.
with a proper hat, Saulot stands +1stealth(repulsion) +2/3 intercept(sight beyond sight and bowl) and with lord of serenity can out-hunting ground nahum enosh or gain you pool/minions.
the daimonion is entirely fluff-added, since he sort of accidentally (angrily) may have flung his vitae in disgust at a heap of demon worshippers he massacred......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2012 21:37 #22423 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: salubri grouping

Saulot trumps enosh because he can do what enosh does better. he's not a hunting ground, but he does move beads to uncontrolled minions, add master of serenity and he's powerbase saulot.

Saulot usually trump Enosh because he has way more supporting cast. Conversely, very few thing that Saulot can do can't be done with Enosh. Mainly the extremely powerful Magic of the smith.

Enosh is far from being weak, but if you do a deck around a single vampire, you have incentive to play Saulot more than him. That's sad mainly since you're not too likely to use a 10-cap like Enosh as a supporting vampire, and even less when he does not have actually much vampires to support (!Salubri gr6 for Eye of unforgiving heaven ?)

More
06 Feb 2012 21:49 #22425 by ReverendRevolver
the only deck i've ever listed enosh in had him supporting g6 !salubri, and he works fine for that (i think i had 3 eye of unforgiving heavan listed in that) but he's les efficient in anything else i've tried with him.
BUT
code of samiel and nahum meant the vamps normally had beads on them, which can be huge late game.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds