file Favorite sets for deck building?

26 Feb 2012 13:41 #24115 by PrinceOfFloriston
I have a good supply of original Jyhad cards but it seems like I should get some more recent cards if I want to compete with other players. The easiest way for me to do that is to buy display boxes. What are people's favorite sets for building competitive decks?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2012 13:56 #24118 by Klaital
Well, it largely depends on what clans/sects you want to play. But for finding more cards to the discplines jyhad vampires have the best options would be Camarilla Edition, 3rd Edition, and Keepers of Tradition. Of those three, I think only 3rd Edition is one that is still available fairly easily, the other two are mostly sold out.

More
26 Feb 2012 14:19 #24119 by Baaliprimogen
I think i would buy starters that have the disciplins your after.

:DAI: :MAL: :STR:

More
26 Feb 2012 18:35 - 26 Feb 2012 20:12 #24124 by Adonai

I have a good supply of original Jyhad cards but it seems like I should get some more recent cards if I want to compete with other players.

I don't agree with your assumption. Decks with only Jyhad cards have won tournaments after all the sets were released, as an example:

Pure Nos '94 by Bill Troxel
www.thelasombra.com/decks/twd.htm#2011wontci

The easiest way for me to do that is to buy display boxes. What are people's favorite sets for building competitive decks?

It depends a lot on what you consider competitive and what you enjoy. If you like Prince based intercept and combat, the Alastors starter from Kindred Most Wanted is a cheap and easy investment. The boosters from that set don't do much to support the Camarilla clans though, so I wouldn't get a booster box as part of my first priority purchase.

The stores that I would recommend are here:
www.thelasombra.com/cardtrader.htm

Specifically:
Europe
Rest of World

Your best best is to examine what they have available, and consider buying sets that complement each other.

Lords of the Night / Gehenna / Kindred Most Wanted

Black Hand / Sword of Caine

Legacies of Blood / Ebony Kingdom

Avoid Nights of Reckoning until you've been playing again regularly for 6-8 months.
Last edit: 26 Feb 2012 20:12 by Adonai.

More
27 Feb 2012 16:34 #24203 by PrinceOfFloriston
Thanks for the pointers. That's good to know about the Jyhad decks. Maybe I'll see what I can do with the '94 cards before I invest in anything else.

More
27 Feb 2012 16:49 #24204 by Klaital

Thanks for the pointers. That's good to know about the Jyhad decks. Maybe I'll see what I can do with the '94 cards before I invest in anything else.

Malkavian, Nosferatu, Toreador, Tremere, and Ventrue are especially good with group 1-2 crypts (although if you can get your hands on some of the key vampires from group 2 to each of those clans it would help massively). Ventrue works probably best with only group 1. Bridges, Nash, and Crowley are still pretty awesome. :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds