file Favorite sets for deck building?

27 Feb 2012 16:59 #24207 by PrinceOfFloriston
Forgive my ignorance, but what do "Group 1" and "Group 2" mean?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2012 17:10 #24213 by Klaital
A change made when Camarilla Edition came out, every vampire belongs to a group, and you can only use vampires of two consecutive groups in same crypt, like for example group 1 and 2, or group 2 and 3, but not group 1 and 3. Vampires from Jyhad are group 1, those that have a set symbol but no printed group number are group 2 (this includes Dark Sovereigns, Ancient Hearts, Sabbat, Sabbat War, Final Nights, and Bloodlines), all vampires group 3 and on have their grouping listed in the card.

More
27 Feb 2012 17:58 - 27 Feb 2012 17:59 #24218 by TorranceCircle

I have a good supply of original Jyhad cards

As Lasombra said, there are many really good decks you make with only jyhad cards.

This is a Toreador vote deck I found on lasombra's site.
www.thelasombra.com/decks/jy2tor.htm

but it seems like I should get some more recent cards if I want to compete with other players. The easiest way for me to do that is to buy display boxes. What are people's favorite sets for building competitive decks?

There are many competitive decks you can make with the Jyhad cards. Extrala has a page www.thelasombra.com/decks/jy2tor.htm that archives archetypes. Some decks you could make jyhad versions of are Malk 94, Ventrue lawfirm, Nosferoyalty, and Toreador aching beauty.

If I were starting with a bunch of jyhad-only cards, I might buy a Keepers of Tradition starter display. This would supply some new cards for the disciplines I would be using with the original camarilla vampires. This way I could diversify some of my options. For example, In a Toreador :tore: deck I could use enchant kindred (jyhad) and public trust (KoT :tore: starter). You also would get a Bowl of Convergence in the :tore: starters that could be added to a Tremere or Toreador Auspex blocking type deck.

Probably not as easy (or cheap) to get, (but you can find some on ebay lately)I would want to get a box of Dark Soveriegns. This has many of the group 2 goodies that Klaital mentioned. It also provides many of the cards used in many of the archetypes mentioned on Extrala's page.
Last edit: 27 Feb 2012 17:59 by TorranceCircle.

More
27 Feb 2012 22:03 #24232 by Adonai

Extrala has a page www.thelasombra.com/decks/jy2tor.htm that archives archetypes. Some decks you could make jyhad versions of are Malk 94, Ventrue lawfirm, Nosferoyalty, and Toreador aching beauty.

Actual link for this one is:

extrala.blogspot.com/p/deck-archetypes-overview.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: TorranceCircle

More
27 Feb 2012 23:03 #24243 by PrinceOfFloriston
Great resource, thanks! I'm looking forward to putting some decks together. Now I just need some other players.

More
27 Feb 2012 23:45 #24244 by Haze
I highly recommend looking through a list of Jyhad errata , as quite a few cards were adjusted over the years. some cards got better (Concealed Weapon), others got less powerful (Misdirection), and a few were rewritten to be less wtf-confusing (Charming Lobby)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds