file which fortitude cards to use

30 Mar 2012 18:15 #26905 by TorranceCircle
I have a torrance circle deck that uses a mish mosh of fortitude for prevent. I have some vamps with basic and some with supeior fortitude (you know, the Torrance Circle guys and gal ;))

My question is, if you had this deck, which fortitude cards would you use and why? I don't know which ones are best and there always seems to be conditionality that comes back to bite me. for example, many players say soak is good. In my metagame it is more frequently useless because of agg (I would not believe this except that I have played it and this is the case around here). I like roll with the punches in the Torrance Circle deck but I don't think I should go with all fortitude prevent being roll with the punches.

basically I'm looking for ideas to improve the fortitude package in my deck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2012 18:38 #26906 by Izaak
I think Hidden Strength is one of the better choices. It prevents hand for 1 for free, it has a press against stuff you don't want to fight against and a press to continue to finish stuff off. It can be used to deny Taste of Vitae, making it a nightmare for other combat to deal with.

Armor of Vitality is pretty sweet if you have a lot of inferior fortitude, as it prevents 3 damage at inferior regardless of source and it prevents aggravated too. Resilience is really nice too as it prevents 3 for free and can be used to prevent aggro-poke too. That and Soak are probably your best bet if you have a mix of FOR and for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TorranceCircle

More
30 Mar 2012 19:59 #26912 by KevinM
Soak used to be good until HTTB got people into playing Baali on a regular basis. Now Armor of Vitality has slipped into the slot that Soak used to fill. I think all the prevent cards that don't stop agg are bad right now.

For [FOR], I still like Armor of Vitality, then Indomitability for the prevent 1 + press, or just the Press (something which Hidden Strength can't do).

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
30 Mar 2012 20:59 #26919 by Ohlmann
I concur for Armor of vitality. Doing significantly more than 3 damage is not that common, and unlike rolling with the punch it does work against thoses damned carrion crow.

More
30 Mar 2012 21:12 #26922 by Haze
Trap + Undead Persistence

More
30 Mar 2012 22:30 #26930 by TorranceCircle

Trap + Undead Persistence

Perhaps the title of my post did not give enough information or i did not give enough information about the deck. I have a torrance circle deck that is a highly dedicated rush machine. it works well and has made finals before including winning the L.A storyline tournament. It can rush two or more times a turn frequently.

I currently use a mix of Skin of Steel, Armor of Vitality, Hidden Strength, Rolling with the Punches, Soak, and Superior Mettle.

I do not play combat often. I usually play Toreadors believe it or not. When I put this deck together it was mostly to have fun in the L.A. storyline, but it did so well I had to keep it together. Now, I would like to get it in the TWDA if I ever get anything in the TWDA.

So, I wanted to start working on areas that can be improved, in this case the fortitude prevent package.I thought I could also get information on fortitude cards that I may want to use in my Ishtarri deck.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds