file which fortitude cards to use

30 Mar 2012 22:56 #26932 by KevinM
Perhaps you should be giving us deck lists so that we can properly answer your question?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: TorranceCircle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2012 23:05 #26933 by Azel
Context is crucial. A deck list and an assessment of your metagame would help us immensely. I second the request for more information and a deck list.

More
31 Mar 2012 03:48 #26942 by Klaital
Assuming your using lots of taste of vitae and slake the thirst like you should with blood brothers, your main priority with prevent is to stop your guy from going to torpor, Armor of Vitality is probably the best one for this as it works just fine on basic already, or if you see lots of potence hulk smash decks then skin of steel instead, though just on general basis without any specific metagame in mind, would use Armor of Vitality for its overall versatility.

More
31 Mar 2012 14:23 #26958 by brandonsantacruz
I don't play a lot of fortitude combat, so take this with a grain of salt. I second the idea that Resilience is a good one because it works vs both agg and non agg. If you plan to do multiple rounds of combat, Hidden Strength is probably better to give you an extra press. If you face a lot of bats, Unflinching Persistence could be key to getting into grapple range. I've even used Skin of Night because you can cycle it no matter what. S:CE? Fine, I treat your agg as normal. Other damage? Take your pick.

Skin of Night
Combat
[for] This vampire treats aggravated damage as normal damage for the remainder of this round.
[FOR] As above, and prevent 1 damage.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
03 Apr 2012 18:46 #27196 by Kushiel
I've found a mix of Hidden Strength, Resilience and a few Rolling With the Punches to work the best. They're all free, or at least "free," since they'll always save you blood in one way or another.

That's with a crypt of mostly FOR guys, though; with the awesome bloodgain and multiacting options available to the Blood Brothers, I'd probably skimp on damage prevention to focus on bloodgain instead. If you're playing a very fighty deck and one of your guys goes to torpor, your rescue action probably won't be blocked. Since bloodgain is nearly always useful and damage prevention is always conditional, I favor the former over the latter whenever possible.

More
03 Apr 2012 19:10 #27197 by Ohlmann

with the awesome bloodgain and multiacting options available to the Blood Brothers, I'd probably skimp on damage prevention to focus on bloodgain instead.

Well, prevent + disarm is still a strong option, which in my opinion is less easily foiled than torn signpost + disarm (or even torn signpost + trap :p).

In term of reliability, Armor of vitality can be amazing. It work against thoses pesky carrion crow ; it work against outside the hourglass + domain of evernight ; and most of the time it will work exactly as well as rolling with the punch. It don't work against celerity, so I would put mainly Skin of steel (and/or rolling with the punch if disarm is not the main theme :p) with some armor of vitality for emergency.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds