file Theorycrafting: What would be the effects of banning Govern

29 May 2012 09:30 #31339 by Ashur

I think we need to enable other things to be as good as Govern. Disabling things is bad design and makes games slower.

I agree with this, it´s probably the best way to go. But also the hardest. Deep Song comes to mind. Fleetness does not :)

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2012 10:10 #31342 by Cyrus
I agree. Slowly introduce other cards on the level of Deep Song / Govern. Entracement strikes me as another comparable card - versatile as well as with some sort of outsting power.

More
30 May 2012 03:09 #31403 by Klaital
If you want to slow down the power bleeding of dominate, especially weenies, then the best card to ban would be conditioning. There is still several alternatives to that (Bonding, Foreshadowing Destruction, Threats) so it wouldn't be too disabling overall but it would slow down those weenie bleed decks considerably.

More
30 May 2012 11:40 #31427 by LunaSlave
Would an extra blood cost work towards balancing out Deflection? Inferior seems fine to me, but what if, say, it merely costed an extra blood at superior? Would that be enough?

More
30 May 2012 11:59 #31428 by Louhi

Would an extra blood cost work towards balancing out Deflection? Inferior seems fine to me, but what if, say, it merely costed an extra blood at superior? Would that be enough?

I'm a bit curious about this. A lot of people think that the superior effect of deflection is great. It could be that my playgroup packs a lot of euro-stealth or tap out but the general consensus here is that AUS-bounce is better since it grants flexibility and 'you'll be tapped and need a wake regardless'.

Lidingö Scourge

More
30 May 2012 12:08 - 30 May 2012 12:08 #31429 by Boris The Blade
Same here. The reason Deflection sees so much play (especially when splashed in in a non :dom: deck) is its inferior, not the superior: it is the only unconstrained bounce playable at inferior.
Last edit: 30 May 2012 12:08 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds