file Which clan has the best set of vampires within one group?

08 Dec 2012 23:06 - 08 Dec 2012 23:06 #42562 by TorranceCircle
I have a Lasombra deck that I put together using two starters from Sabbat War and my collection of old layout cards. It is nothing special but it always seems to keep me in the game. By "in the game" I mean I have options and am not at the whim of another player's decision of when to oust me. It is a toolboxy bleed/vote/bruise deck. I even use scouting mission and redirections instead of Govern and deflection!

I was thinking of this deck. I've always thought in Lasombra Group 2 the three Archbishops (even if they are 9-caps) and Gratiano are so powerful and versatile. I don't know all the vampires from all the groups but I think Lasombra may have the best set of vampires in group 2.

Which clan has the best set of vampires within one group? Why? I think it would be fun to hear your opinions.
Last edit: 08 Dec 2012 23:06 by TorranceCircle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2012 23:26 #42563 by Boris The Blade
Anson is a broken set of vampires on his own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jhattara, TorranceCircle

More
08 Dec 2012 23:30 #42564 by Ohlmann
For !Brujah, gr4 seem the best one for me, since it have Armin Brenner, which is an excellent titled vampire, Shawnda Dorrit a smallish Priscus, another Priscus with Hektor, which admitely pay its special a bit too much for a voting deck.

And across the border you have the brujah justicar which have a lot of common ground with Brenner, 3 vote, and another special. And you can find a lot of !brujah somewhat useable on gr4.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TorranceCircle

More
09 Dec 2012 00:41 #42566 by Klaital
Its really hard to say just flat out what is best for what, as different groups are better at different things, like for example, Lasombra group 2 mentioned above has great fatties but really lame midcaps, whereas group 4 Lasombra has lots of great midcaps but not much any titled big guys.

More
09 Dec 2012 03:31 #42570 by KevinM
G1 Ventrue were fucking amazing for their time.

2x 7-cap Prince
1x 8-cap Prince
2x 9-cap Primogen with +1 bleed and specials
1x 10-cap Justicar
1x 3-cap, 1x 4-cap, 1x 5-cap, 1x 6-cap with :PRE:
and everyone above 5-cap with all in-clans

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
09 Dec 2012 04:35 #42573 by ReverendRevolver
I agree with the two posts above mine. Origional ventrue are still super good, and most other g1 stuff is nowhere near later equivilents. But it does depend on what you are doing. G2 samedi are better than other samedi, because they have more useable vampires with relevant disciplines. You cant play indy gargoyles if you dont go g2. Gangrel are versatile around g3, but g5 also has amazing allstars but with less supporting cast that are good (so you compare zayyat, torvus, brunhilde, xavier,and karsh to ariadne, viktor, and mic. G3 has more allstars, and more supporting cast, but depressingly, gangrel kinda suck so either crypt set is kinda equal)

But, i feel as far as best overall goes, its hard to beat g3-4 !ventrue. Ive been amazed at gotsdam(admittedly a regular ventrue) since i started using any vamps ouf of the kot precon. So, trrickling down from him or the somewhat similar Konrad, or just having owain be the biggest vamp, the general flow is great. Focusing soley on the great !ventrue involved, owain governs down to blackhorse or maybe joseph o grady, who then governs down to any lower vamp, typically jephta,the amazing neighbor john, or even maldavis.

Dominate for bleed and bounce, aus to block all day, and fortitude to always survive attrition. Then pick your tpys. Sticks, guns, whatever.

They have access to powerbases monty and barranquila, and the hungry coyote, they have abbot, bowl, and can even make atonement playable. If they pentex someone once its less than 4 players left, its probably staying on there. I love the archetype so much, ive done it (sucessfully or otherwise) with other clans (my favorite was g1-2 malks with Roxanne and madness network, anatole, victoria, and zoe. Roxy and anatole are 2 of my all time favorites)

But the archetype is very versatile, you feel se ure playing it because you are a stalwart wall that can out-seige most decks, or lumge and bleed for 12 with 4 minions thanks to dominate. Its like lawfirm to me, where i build as many versions as i can with different crypts and little tricks, even though lets say g2-3 isnt as good as 3-4, its still fun and its better than other decks (like my pet terrible deck that i cant leave torn apart for more than a year: g2 indy gargoyles)

Its all about what fits everyones playing style though.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds