file Read the Winds!

21 Mar 2013 11:45 #46204 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Read the Winds!

I had the deck (or similar build, the same player) as a prey in one final round, and it's way less scary with it's main vampire in torpor.

Yeah, block decks are very powerful at controlling the table, especially in low combat meta, but they are always fighting against time(-outs) and tool-box, bruise&bleed or rush deck can often quite easily destroy it.

Goratrix is very powerful when fighting against most frequently used combat packages (FOR sticks, CC+Aids from bats, casual .44 [even with cel],Thefts, Thrown crap potence ... even regular potence or warghouls are not that scary for goratrix - ruins of ceoris and some other perma-maneuver and it's way harder). It's good vampire with great special and good discipline set. But it's a star with nearly no way to deal with pentex contest aside.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2013 15:35 #46208 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Read the Winds!

It's good vampire with great special and good discipline set. But it's a star with nearly no way to deal with pentex contest aside.

Anarch Convert and a lot of other 1- and 2-caps (especially the ones with :dom:) disagree with this analysis.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
21 Mar 2013 17:38 #46210 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Read the Winds!

Because Goratrix is not played nearly enough.

This. It takes a star vampire to make :AUS::ANI: more appealing than :ANI::SPI:.

I'd argue that even more important than his special, as awesome as it may be, is :THA: he has.

More
21 Mar 2013 18:05 #46211 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Read the Winds!

It's good vampire with great special and good discipline set. But it's a star with nearly no way to deal with pentex contest aside.

Anarch Convert and a lot of other 1- and 2-caps (especially the ones with :dom:) disagree with this analysis.

Well, the player who played the Pentex know that they won't stealth, and they won't do anything important in the combat. So they are pretty easy to block.

I'd argue that even more important than his special, as awesome as it may be, is :THA: he has.

Well, mainly for Magic of the smith, and mainly because Ruin of Ceoris are awesome.

More
21 Mar 2013 18:07 #46212 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Read the Winds!

This is totally off topic but it's an interesting subject so I'm going to put it out there that 2-3 vanilla weenies do nothing against a correctly played Pentex on Goratrix. One Wake, Jake, Majesty etc. and one chump left on the defense will be able to protect the Pentex. The only viable solution besides contest is Wash/Sudden, a helpful ally or some otherwise enormous advantage.

More
21 Mar 2013 18:12 #46213 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Read the Winds!

Because Goratrix is not played nearly enough.

This. It takes a star vampire to make :AUS::ANI: more appealing than :ANI::SPI:.

I dunno. If I had a wall deck and a choice between infinite Thefts and infinite Magic of The Smiths I would always go for the Thefts.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds