file Read the Winds!

21 Mar 2013 20:39 #46214 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Read the Winds!

It's good vampire with great special and good discipline set. But it's a star with nearly no way to deal with pentex contest aside.

Anarch Convert and a lot of other 1- and 2-caps (especially the ones with :dom:) disagree with this analysis.

Well, the player who played the Pentex know that they won't stealth, and they won't do anything important in the combat. So they are pretty easy to block.

If the guy that played the Pentex on Goratrix wants to keep all his minions untapped and not ousting his prey while I'm repeatedly taking lots and lots of actions to remove Pentex, I'm fine with that trade-off!
:)

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2013 20:43 #46215 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Read the Winds!

This is totally off topic but it's an interesting subject so I'm going to put it out there that 2-3 vanilla weenies do nothing against a correctly played Pentex on Goratrix. One Wake, Jake, Majesty etc. and one chump left on the defense will be able to protect the Pentex.

It's worked well-enough for me for years.

The only viable solution besides contest is Wash/Sudden, a helpful ally or some otherwise enormous advantage.

This is the BEST solution, not the ONLY solution.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
21 Mar 2013 21:12 - 21 Mar 2013 21:12 #46217 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Read the Winds!

If the guy that played the Pentex on Goratrix wants to keep all his minions untapped and not ousting his prey while I'm repeatedly taking lots and lots of actions to remove Pentex, I'm fine with that trade-off!
:)

Well, he often need only keep zero or one minion for that, depending on the amount of wake or majesty he have. And since your non-goratrix minion are likely to end in torpor after the first block, it can be fast. And if he is your predator, it's not like he have a hope to bleed you without the pentex anyway

Don't forget that your non-goratrix minion not only are easy to block, but easy to kill too.

Some star deck can have somewhat stealthy sidekick and/or that can do something in combat, the foratrix wall is not one of them. The best bet being Mirror walk, which weaken significantly against anything non-pentex.
Last edit: 21 Mar 2013 21:12 by Ohlmann.

More
22 Mar 2013 15:28 #46221 by DeathInABottle
Replied by DeathInABottle on topic Re: Read the Winds!
I run 3 Read the Winds in my G2 Tzimisce deck, and they definitely help with survivability. It's a solid card, especially for a toolbox that wants to be able to move forward while still blocking low-stealth actions.

More
23 Mar 2013 09:25 #46224 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Read the Winds!

I run 3 Read the Winds in my G2 Tzimisce deck

Ditto, I always had 2 or 3 copies, especially pre-Eyes of Argus decks. A rather useful card and I also have a fondness of cards that are supposed to be clan-based but are actually two discipline-based (like Minds of the Wild). I wish there were more cards like that...

More
07 Apr 2013 02:49 #46667 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Read the Winds!
I just don't really see the point in using that many regular wakes when he has Eyes of Argus, Read the Winds, AND Sense the Savage Way all which are better.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds