file Heroic Might

08 Apr 2013 06:17 #46727 by galliard
Heroic Might was created by galliard
just omfg

Preternatural Strenght was already OP. But this is Preternatural + Magnum in one card
I dont even mention absurd +3 stealth to play it and destroy equipment option.
I am glad nobody in my group plays HM, but i feel i will be heavily pissed on some tournament soon.
Dont know how to further comment this broken card. omfg, just omfg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2013 06:37 #46730 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Heroic Might
Preternatural strength is better.

You should try to play it someday. It cost three blood, and while useful and powerful, it's extremely far from broken.

More
08 Apr 2013 07:08 #46731 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Heroic Might
Are you seriously going to frickin' post to share your feelings every time you discover a new card ? :silly:
Ah, the naïveté...

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ohlmann

More
08 Apr 2013 07:19 #46733 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Heroic Might

Are you seriously going to frickin' post to share your feelings every time you discover a new card ? :silly:
Ah, the naïveté...

Yeah, we don't want any new players, let's make fun of them when they ask questions. Let's publicly call them names when they ask questions.

I mean, it's not like our game doesn't have the backing of one of the oldest and largest gaming companies on the planet, thousand of employees and contractors, hundreds of players in every city in the world, a "pro" circuit with millions of dollars in prizes, the highest most-consistent card stock of any CCG ever, and cards that even decades later are worth thousands of dollars, right?

Oh, wait...

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brum, Lönkka, Juggernaut1981, Silmegil, Suoli, Temporis

More
08 Apr 2013 11:30 - 08 Apr 2013 11:33 #46737 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Heroic Might
Being new is cool.
Hello new player ! We like you already !

Being a bit annoying " omg omfg omfg that's too broken !" is something else.
-What you, Kevin think : op is a crybaby that will go away because an unknown person talked him bad on the Internet
-What I think : op is a grown up who will realize he may be a bit borderline because this is a forum, not twitter, and will use his adult brain to adapt smoothly and certainly not be afraid by a loner methuselah's post.

Remind me please which one of us considers the newcomer in respectable way ?

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 08 Apr 2013 11:33 by Reyda.

More
08 Apr 2013 12:05 #46738 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Heroic Might

just omfg

Preternatural Strenght was already OP. But this is Preternatural + Magnum in one card

It reaally isn't. It's Preternatural + Desert Eagle. It might seem like a small difference to a new player but trust me, there's a reason why Magnum gets played and Desert Eagle doesn't. Also, +2 strength and 2R damage has very weak synergy.

I dont even mention absurd +3 stealth to play it and destroy equipment option.
I am glad nobody in my group plays HM, but i feel i will be heavily pissed on some tournament soon.
Dont know how to further comment this broken card. omfg, just omfg

It basically comes down to the logistics of playing combat decks and setup actions.

A serious Potence rush deck needs to a) play a minimum of 35% combat cards and b) start rushing very early and keep doing it every turn. Those are the basic requirements at a casual level. If you spend your first turn on something other than rushing backwards, you're already significantly behind and will probably spend the rest of the game playing catch up. So, in order to play Heroic Might, you need to have Freak Drives or Forced Marches, which cuts into your combat cards, which cuts into your ability to reliably rush threats. If, on top of that, you also needed stealth cards to push the Heroic Might action, well, you'd have to play a very mediocre deck.

In short, Heroic Might is a good card as it is, but only barely. The decks that can take advantage of it play Villeins so the blood cost comes out of their pool, for others its too expensive and slow.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds