file Heroic Might

08 Apr 2013 12:06 #46739 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Heroic Might
First: we all have or had less than controlled reactions to some card or another, we normally just have them face toface withing our playgroups. So, "omfg, have you seen fn (insert card from following list here)" {summon history, remnant of endless storm, legacy of pander, sense dep, deep song, eyes of argus, forced march...}
May not be on the internet to be displayed for posteritys sake, but we have all made the comments, so sense denying it.
So, new players or even less experiencedones are more than allowed to make such statements. Keep em coming.

Actual post: dude, i will trade you a heroic might for a preturnatural strength if you attend the NAC this year.

I own 4 heroic might. You cant use them like preturnatural strength because of the blood cost. Cock robin and sort of potence antimalks havr been the only decks that could afford the three blood, and both of them could have done better witb preturnatural. Maybe Osebo and brujah decks(osebo are frwaking brujah, fyi) could gain from the stealth, but even then, resist earths grasp is an option.
Its like this: Ferox plays hm, as the crow, then either rushes or gets a retainer. Ferox is no matter what at 4 blood, so his combat prowess isnt as hot. Lets say he gets armor of terra, the fow bleeds. Hes paid 5 this turn, then takes one("normal") damage. Hes a fighter at one bead, about to lose all his tool up.
Marge khan gets hm, freak drives, then rumbles. Shes at 3 blood, and most prevention costs one. Not optimal.
Cock robin gets hm through warsaw and untaps. He rushes with taunt the caged beast. He grapples with crows out, pinches, soaks, disarms, and untaps oper his special after tasting.
Only cock robin made out well with hm, and even he would have done better with ps.

Breakdown:
Pros-+2 strength for both, ranged strike for hm, added stealth for hm.
Cons- ps wont let you cycle signposts on that minion, hm costs 3 blood qnd burns if you go to torpor, making it transient for 3 blood with something as raw reliant as combat.

Hm is good, betterthan relying on bloodmilk or maybe even ritual challenge(although ritual challenge plus revel is kind of neat). But midcaps are risky playing it, and weeniez really cant(you want to cycle it sometimez)
Germaine, cock robin, etc dus fine recapping the blood, but other 7 and smaller caps dont.
Combats already rough to win with, losing extra blood for a tool up that burns if you lose combat(it happens) or ven if you get hit with coma, entombment, rotshreck, or lasombra purge is infuriating.
Ps is solid, low stealth but wont burn.

Like i said, they arexboth good, and if you are at the nac i would trade you one for one. My wife has a prerurnatural strength but i dont.
I use heroic might and have tried not overcome owning no ps, since i bought my hm when they were less than $10 and ps was less than $20 then, but ps has a broader range of use.
I reccomend either over not using either though. Even the decks where ps is better, hm is always better than just using signposts and hoping for the best, but you have to play it when you know you will keep it.

Hope ive been inciteful. What deck were you planning on it with? Germaine loves hm, since guns cans touch him, and if lets say someone is too scary to grapple, or you are out of good fortitude, you can go to long and shoot with hm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2013 12:08 #46740 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Heroic Might

Remind me please which one of us considers the newcomer in respectable way ?

Kevin Mergen.

Happy to help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reyda

More
08 Apr 2013 12:24 #46741 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic Re: Heroic Might
I think Potence decks flow better if they operate with Torn Signposts and not Heroic Mights and/or Preternatural Strnegths.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
08 Apr 2013 12:40 #46744 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Heroic Might

I think Potence decks flow better if they operate with Torn Signposts and not Heroic Mights and/or Preternatural Strnegths.

I agree 120% that mono and weenie potence flow better witb those, but an allstar deck with an 8+ cap at its center love having it. Now, hadestadt, beefcake, enky, torvus, and qui..... qui..... Qawiyyad(the last lioness?) Dont neex either, and its stupid to say you cant ay without them ( sheldon would like to have a word with you if you doubt the power of signpost+crowz+grapple+taste n fortitude). But they are handy. Especially ps and 3 signposts in a deck instead of 10 signposts.
And if you arent playimg at least midcaps, an action is a waste cor potence. But permastrength is solid for some decks.

More
08 Apr 2013 12:43 #46745 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Heroic Might
Well, everything is said, so let's sum up !
Heroic might, due to its blood cost, will only fit a big vampire, will require setup and a way to untap to be efficient right now, and will also need some sort of prevention or the fighter might end in torpor and lose his precious card. The action will certainly be succesful will all the stealth, but the risk is being off tempo with the reste of the table. What good gives you +3 str when your prey has already destroyed your grand prey and is sporting a Zaire river ferry and a secure haven ? The tempo stuff is important...

Preternatural on the other hand can be used very quickly, on smaller vampires. It precludes the use of Torn Signpost (but hey, there is still Fist of death ;) )

I'd say Go heroic for big fighters like Karsh or Lazverinus, and go Preternatural for smaller, celerity+potence fighters.
I own a few heroic mights and never had a chance to make them shine for the reasons stated above...

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
08 Apr 2013 13:09 - 08 Apr 2013 13:09 #46747 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic Re: Heroic Might

Sometimes you run out of Torn Signposts... A couple of Preternatural Strength will not prevent you from cycling you Torn Signposts, but they will make you less vulnerable to jam. Heroic Might is too expensive and risky for me: 3 blood is a lot for a combat deck, and even with your big fists, sometimes you are the one who ends up in torpor. Especially when you have just spent 3 blood.
Last edit: 08 Apr 2013 13:09 by Boris The Blade.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds