file Media locations

13 Oct 2013 13:04 #55228 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Media locations
I tend to prefer WMRH. It costs only 1 pool, and you'll usually won't use it if you know you may fail to block. Even if it's the case, it will end up with having spend the same amount of pool as if you had played a KRCG.
Using it twice and failing twice to block is pretty rare in a game.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2013 14:31 #55232 by smiling tom
Replied by smiling tom on topic Re: Media locations
There is also Anarch Free Press. I know it's not a "generic" media location but it's quite close.

That said, i recall Channel 10 to be seen more regularly than others.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

More
13 Oct 2013 14:47 #55233 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Media locations

There is also Anarch Free Press. I know it's not a "generic" media location but it's quite close.

That said, i recall Channel 10 to be seen more regularly than others.

The Anarch Free Press isn't a location at all, though I understand that it essentially functions as one. This is good for the deck playing it since, once it hits the table, virtually nothing can affect it. Getting off on a tangent, but there should be more ways to remove non-location masters on the table to get rid of things like The Coven.

Anyway, I play Wall Street the most as Eyes of Argus, Abbot, et al, do not help block undirected actions.

More
13 Oct 2013 15:50 - 13 Oct 2013 18:38 #55235 by ReverendRevolver
Club zombie helps set up parity shift :)

That being said, ive used them all, and at least once ive hadxto empty but not torp a predators minion so theyd have to hunt and i could use ch10 one an important action.

I use alot of media locations, and WMHR is the only one i wish i owned more of.

Krcg is the standard one for me, as i have lots of it, and it says minion, costs 2, and can help others in a pinch.

I never run these wih stealthbleed, because if i bleed for 7 and get bounced, i have a spying mission, can cancel any bounces, or my grandprey NEEDS bled for 7. It happens.

Rumor mill i probably run less than the others that cost 1, because of the blood burn. Wall street night i use when i know undirected actions will be an issue, such as some ally decks(ran wsn with dead hookers alot).

If you have room for multiples, club zombie is almost always not the one you want. Wmhr and krcg are probably my favorties is most situations.
Last edit: 13 Oct 2013 18:38 by ReverendRevolver.

More
17 Oct 2013 13:23 #55417 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Media locations
Channel 10 has the most clever design
it has a drawback, but it's what other players have to worry about. if you can't use it, you can't use it, simple. meanwhile, your predator and prey have to plan their entire turns around which actions they want to do 1st, 2nd, etc.... what to bluff and which is the highest priority to get through.

it's probably why it seems to be the most popular. playing it yourself is a no-brainer, while your enemies have to use more mental energy. it's a psychological attack from another dimension.
The following user(s) said Thank You: extrala

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds