file Fillip

28 Feb 2014 00:02 #59438 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: Fillip
It's for cascading crypts and chump blocking. Solid with things like Firebrand and the like. They are support wakes, not stand on their own wakes.

That said one of the things that pisses me off is trying to keep track of OtQV. I like to ask people to place it on their minions until their next untap phase, just for easier bookkeeping. However it is easy to see why it's popular, besides its obvious strengths, with that added bookkeeping headache; the cheating phase never ends (besides, what's an innocent mistake or ten between friends?).
:whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2014 04:37 #59446 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Fillip
On a sidenote, ive never had to argue about on the Q but once, ever. In Michigan, some dude did it twice, i called him on it, but didnt press it, since we were mid combat when i realized it. He triedxit agwim 2 turms later, to eagles sight my forward action. I pointed to the cards in ash heap, oustedxmy prey, and then nose of hound rushed his blocker using Anatole amd a flamethrower, so he couldnt do it with that guy anymore.......

More
28 Feb 2014 05:09 #59448 by brandonsantacruz
Replied by brandonsantacruz on topic Re: Fillip
The only time I have ever played filip was when I was a new player and didn't own enough OtQV/Wakes. I have never been tempted to use it since, especially since Eyes of Argus came out

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
28 Feb 2014 06:16 #59449 by Zenedar
Replied by Zenedar on topic Re: Fillip
I use Fillip often mixed with On the qui vive. When you have a chain of dominate guys ranging from, for example, cap7-cap3 then is makes much sense to me to play like 4 otqv and 3 fillip instead of 7 otqv. Wake is unplayable to me lol. I hate not being able to draw cards :D

More
28 Feb 2014 06:29 #59450 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Fillip
it's so you can rules lawyer your way out of Monocle of Clarity questions!! "well you listed every wake card in the game EXCEPT fillip, so i said no..."

just pray that nobody plays Wormwood and turns all your guys into 4-caps who can't play Fillip on each other.

would've been a pretty decent card if OTQV didn't exist. power creep.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds