file Best use of Grooming the Protege?

18 May 2014 10:56 - 18 May 2014 10:57 #62502 by ReverendRevolver

I regularly use grooming in my assamite decks.
It provides needed acceleration without too much impact on precious blood.

Anything that can taste it back thats mono clan can use it decently. Cock Robin is my only good combat deck that used it, but i tried it with Torvus before. That deck sucked anyway (compared to Cock Robin, at least) due to not fighting or blocking as good as Akunanse, i was dissappointed, but may rebuild it with more blocking later. Grooming and villein are even doable if you can taste a lot back, or maybe abactor to refill afterword.
Last edit: 18 May 2014 10:57 by ReverendRevolver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2014 21:38 #62522 by Juggernaut1981
I've been using it to fairly good effect in a Gangrel Wall-Grinder Deck (lots of Earth Melds, Form of Mist, Jack, Rats, 2 bleeds with camera phones, Rack, etc). I use it there because blood management isn't a massive problem AND having out 3-4 minions is what allows you to keep the pressure up and defend the grinder cards. 2x 2-bleed + Army + Jack and things become difficult for your prey.

So the Groomings help me get out the younger vampires who can do the bleeding without really hurting defence or speed.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
19 May 2014 07:02 #62532 by alek
I didn't find it usufull enough to include in decks. When I really need crypt accelaration (in times when I play big caps) I always choose zillah's valley + villeins. It's OK card but the competition for master slots is too fierce to include cards that are only "OK".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

More
19 May 2014 15:20 #62556 by ReverendRevolver

I've been using it to fairly good effect in a Gangrel Wall-Grinder Deck (lots of Earth Melds, Form of Mist, Jack, Rats, 2 bleeds with camera phones, Rack, etc). I use it there because blood management isn't a massive problem AND having out 3-4 minions is what allows you to keep the pressure up and defend the grinder cards. 2x 2-bleed + Army + Jack and things become difficult for your prey.

So the Groomings help me get out the younger vampires who can do the bleeding without really hurting defence or speed.

So,

Youve used grooming to oust with Chandler?

Thats like +7 style points.

More
19 May 2014 20:10 #62576 by Juggernaut1981
Grooming the Protege from Ryder to Gunnar, from Janey to Celeste/Mowgli... Yes.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
26 Jun 2014 11:28 #63362 by Asnek
Ariadna + abbactor deck with minion taps and grooming. additional combo is sargon's fragment to dig back one you would use next turn.
its excellent speed up for this deck and with ecoterrorists...

it's working great in most of tremere deck (especialy with goratrix or Anastaz Zagreb that can steal blood by default strike). do you remember that dumb situation. your carna block action simply just by attempt to block and now you play theft. but being on 7 blood sucks... you gain nothing and next time he has only one dumb blood to steal... and you still have governs...

and who vould nto forgot Dmitra lady that takes an action to gain it back... and votercap as bonus... YUM...

:hosk: :dem: :val: :for: :AUS: :NEC: :SER: :cap7:

assholepopulation.com/
Did u saw one today?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds