file Best use of Grooming the Protege?

17 May 2014 09:15 #62462 by Ashur
What´s the best use you have had for this card? Or heard of?

It looks decent, but yet every time I put it in a deck, it fails and I wish it was something else.

Grooming the Protégé
Master. Move up to 3 blood from a ready vampire you control to a younger vampire of the same clan in your uncontrolled region.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2014 10:36 #62467 by derjudge
Anson / grooming : influence out anson, grooming smaller toreador, refiled anson with voter cap. Oust by votes. Quick and dirty.
www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=4996
The following user(s) said Thank You: brandonsantacruz, Ashur, Hakuron

More
17 May 2014 12:10 #62470 by ReverendRevolver
There is no bad use. You can always groom MaryAnne, and then govern, freak drive, enchant, freak drive, scouting, freak drive, special, to get 12 beads to vamps ina trun before influence.

But ansons probably better. Ive used it with cock robin and stealthblees for speed and pool management.

More
17 May 2014 18:27 #62481 by Brum
Arike, followed by :DOM: Govern.

Of course you lose the slots for crypt acceleration, but your mid-to-end game is huge.

More
17 May 2014 20:49 #62482 by TryDeflectingThisGrapple
Here's my take on this. Grooming might be for your deck if most of these apply:

- you plan on getting one vampire of cap 8-10, but other vampires you expect to influence are below 8 cap (this tends to rule out wide use of Villein/Zillah's Valley.)

- the deck is focused more on speed and aggression and less on long term resilience (this is why you're playing Grooming for acceleration instead of playing wholesale Villein).

- you plan (need) to get at least 3 minions of the same clan in play and their capacities tend to cascade downward (this is why it's worth having enough Grooming to draw them in your opening turns.)

- the deck consumes some of its minions blood to play cards (Grooming tends to leave 3-6 blood on its typical targets, so you should use it advantageously)

- the decks actions generate pool while damaging your prey - Kindred Spirits, Social Charm, KRC with Voter Cap are examples - and/or you are using other action-based influence acceleration that pulls counters from the blood bank (generating the additional pool is how you can get away with not recurring all the blood from your minions, but still not get ousted).

- the deck includes at least a few non-contestable cardflow and/or decrypting tools (since Grooming can be very hard to dump as an MPA late game without valid targets).

All in all, it results in a fairly narrow set of archetypes where Grooming is better than Villein.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis, Hakuron, Louhi

More
18 May 2014 05:58 #62495 by Pendargon
I regularly use grooming in my assamite decks.
It provides needed acceleration without too much impact on precious blood.

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds