lock power level debate on cam and sabbat

08 Aug 2019 19:19 #96212 by Khormag

You need to make actual points.

What is yours?

If it's that Camarilla cards are strictly superior to Sabbat cards, I'm ready to agree to disagree.

A rhethorical dance, in my opinion, does not get us much anywhere.

We are, after all, here to have a discussion about the power levels of cards between sects, not to school each other on communicative phenomena or tactics.

I agree. That is why when I present an idea and a manner in which I came to that idea and the response is "game is so complex", "what you are forgetting is" then reading the card to me like a clown I feel the need to express how meaningless that type of communication is.

At least blue panda or whatever had an idea (basically that discipline cards can be played at basic, titled cards are binary, and ideas of percentages of crypt that need to play cards). I was hoping he would flesh that out.

I will introduce an idea now. Taking actions to get intercept is not strong. Am I to run stealth in my wall deck and hope I draw the right things at the right time? Under siege is fine but 2nd tradition is stupid good. Under siege is closer to raven spy in my estimation.

You are still looking at Under Siege too narrowly. Under Siege is not Second Tradition. It has other uses than playing it in a wall deck to get more intercept. If I am playing a full on Wall deck, I would not play Under Siege, as you said, in such deck, it is usually just a wasted action, that leads to pretty much nothing but combat.

Under Siege excels in toolbox decks. Its great addition to any Sabbat based "grinder" style decks that have access to reasonable amount of Titled Vampires. You won't rely on the card on those decks, but it is super strong when you get it out. When paired with Abbot, it makes the life of a stealth bleeder a hell, as getting to 3+ stealth on each of your actions is not easy.

Under Siege is also very good in defending your important vampires from rushes and just generally slowing down your predator or even prey in some cases. Look at the new "Parliament of Shadows" Pre-Constructed deck. Under Siege allows you to choose all the targets for the rushes to your minions, an ability that is super strong in a deck that has so many vampires that have relevant abilities in combat. It allows you to defend your "weaker" vampires. It also gives you the casual blocking capability, that is easily missed in such decks, where blocking a single superior Govern might win you the game.

Also, the card is excellent in wall decks. I have mainly played wall decks or very wallish toolbox decks for about 2 years now. It is so easy to build a deck that can reliably block every important action you face with Sabbat. And you don't even have to pack a deck full of reactions, just because Abbot and Under Siege are cards that exist. Pair them with 1-2 intercept locations, like Channel 10, and you are good to go.

Also, if you make yourself a clown, you get treated like a clown. Maybe you should think what you say before you say it, if you are annoyed with the answers.

Prince of Joensuu, Finland
The topic has been locked.
More
08 Aug 2019 19:36 - 08 Aug 2019 19:37 #96213 by Mewcat
Reread and see who is being called a clown. Hint. It is the guy who reads cards to people. What u forget is under seige is action. Thanks bro.
Last edit: 08 Aug 2019 19:37 by Mewcat.
More
08 Aug 2019 21:27 #96215 by Kraus

Also, if you make yourself a clown, you get treated like a clown. Maybe you should think what you say before you say it, if you are annoyed with the answers.

No.

Reread and see who is being called a clown. Hint. It is the guy who reads cards to people. What u forget is under seige is action. Thanks bro.

Double no.

This is so glaringly and intentionally against the forum guidelines that I am wondering if they are being deliberately contradicted. It will not do.

We are done with this thread.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds