file Midwest/ Great plains players! Starting to lose hope.

03 Dec 2013 07:49 #57423 by Lönkka

I would love to see VEKN sanction a limited, newbie-friendly tournament format in which "barbed wire" or "reasonably priced" decks could flourish.

Sounds very good and nice.
There might be plentyof problems involved though to keep it simple and yet somehow limiting the more stronger and thus format breaking things. I fear that this would crate a humongous ruleset for the format. I hope that I'm wrong.

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
03 Dec 2013 15:35 - 03 Dec 2013 19:14 #57435 by AaronC

I would love to see VEKN sanction a limited, newbie-friendly tournament format in which "barbed wire" or "reasonably priced" decks could flourish.

Sounds very good and nice.
There might be plentyof problems involved though to keep it simple and yet somehow limiting the more stronger and thus format breaking things. I fear that this would crate a humongous ruleset for the format. I hope that I'm wrong.

I don't actually think it's ever going to happen. In Europe you don't need it because you have a large player base separated by relatively small distances. And let's face it, the VTES world is centered in Europe. In the United States, where we could use innovative ways to get new players, most old time players would not be interested in participating in a limited format.

I admit that I don't know what such a format would look like, although it might look something like "Jyhad-only".
Last edit: 03 Dec 2013 19:14 by AaronC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds