file Midwest/ Great plains players! Starting to lose hope.

26 Nov 2013 03:07 #57129 by BenPeal
I know it's a bit of a drive for you, but there's an active playerbase in Denver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2013 17:38 #57170 by JordanGaddy
My brother actually goes to school at the university of Wyoming. iIm almost certain you have to pass by Denver on the way. And there is a pretty good chance ill be going up there over xmas break. How regularly do you guys play?

More
27 Nov 2013 17:52 #57172 by BenPeal
I'm in Brooklyn, not is their Yahoo group. You could try messaging trydeflectingthisgrapple on vekn.net (Darby).

More
02 Dec 2013 11:48 - 02 Dec 2013 11:50 #57392 by Josephdmorse
I had the same problem you did about 6 months ago, what I did was I looked in the registry and typed the players names into Facebook, some of them no longer play and yet some of them still do. Now we meet pretty regularly, keep doing what the others have suggested and in no time you will have a group, but the best thing I found was to register to become a prince. Once that email address is up, they should start to contact you.

Prince of Toledo
Last edit: 02 Dec 2013 11:50 by Josephdmorse.

More
02 Dec 2013 17:09 #57400 by JordanGaddy
Yeah i`m trying to obtain prince status. I`ve been talking to Mr. Ben Peal about it. Hopefully he replies soon. Also on that note i do not yet have vekn id number either.

More
03 Dec 2013 00:32 #57420 by AaronC
I know of two resources that might help with scraping together a new group. New players will probably want their own cards, so you need a source of cheap but reasonably competitive and interesting decks.

1. Preston Poulter's Barbed Wire Decks: prestonpoulter.com/2013/11/30/barbed-wire-project-decklists/

I believe he has physical copies of these decks for sale either on Ebay or by contacting him directly.

2. Ralf Lammert's "Reasonably Priced Decks" vtesone.wordpress.com/decks/reasonably-priced-decks/

He has some such decks assembled but only for sale in Germany. The idea is that (hopefully) such decklists may be assembled from cheaper cards released since 2003.

Personally I see such efforts as the best way to keep VTES alive. There has to be a way to get real decks made from real cards into the hands of new players at some kind of reasonable price. I would love to see VEKN sanction a limited, newbie-friendly tournament format in which "barbed wire" or "reasonably priced" decks could flourish.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds