file Blood brother - what can be done ?

04 Feb 2012 23:33 - 05 Feb 2012 02:27 #22350 by Pullen
I find it amusing that you thought the :bbro: would be the easiest to use from blood lines clans, though it sounds like you don't have access to a lot of cards from the set Bloodlines, which is understandable.

They are one of the hardest clans to win with but very fun to play. They have a tendency to play a lot of cards that seem good, but often take up space and time. For instance, a common thing I see them do is spend a turn maybe fighting some people and maybe getting a decent bleed threw, and then the next turn trying to recoup the blood loss from the previous turn. They spend a lot of blood and are very small for combat, but can be one of the scariest predators around. The biggest problem for them is the amount of resources they need to oust. Often they get their first prey and then fizzle out do to the cards they went threw to do so. Now their three clan cards are really good, like absurdly so.

Then there's :san: , arguably the weakest discipline in the game. One problem is that it's a all in or nothing kind of deal with :san: splashing it often will just be kind of weak. The biggest problem I think is that a lot of the cards do things that their other in clans do. So let's look at some of them.

Actions
Unwholesome Bond or Hive Mind
You can run both but the time when you want the other is when you will get the one you don't want, and then your turn just kind of stops. Bond is stone if you have :for: and can Freak drive. Hive Mind good on the non-fort guys.

Coagulated Entity
DON'T

Redistribution
Is 4 Redistribution better then 2 Heidelberg's, I say no, but whatever.

Action Mods
To me this is where :san: shines, Slake the Thirst is great in all their decks and Shell game might be it's best card. A few room''s full of Elvis can be a good lunge card, but you will need more then it to win.

Combat
I hate :san: combat, not because it's terrible, but because you need :pot: or :for: to have it be really scary. With as small as the :bbro: are why not just do wenni :pot: or :for:.

Gestalt is neat, but one Elder Impersonation and you feel like a clown. A dead clown.

Kaymakli Nightmares goes well with them to.

As for Kiev or Mexico circle, Kiev has an entry into the TWDA, Mexico does not.

/rant

:OBT::MYT::PRO::val::obf:
Last edit: 05 Feb 2012 02:27 by Pullen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2012 03:15 #22357 by Ohlmann

I find it amusing that you thought the :bbro: would be the easiest to use from blood lines clans, though it sounds like you don't have access to a lot of cards from the set Bloodlines, which is understandable.

They are very straightforward after all. You don't do strange shenanigan, juste bloat, bleed, and rush. No scarce issue, somewhat easy and coherent crypt, few strange card. Maybe the kyaside are even more straightforward, I can admit it.

Then there's :san: , arguably the weakest discipline in the game.

I have not posted all my experiment on them here (since they are unfinished and not exactly exciting news), but I'm more on the side that :san: is the best discipline of the game, with only problem the fact you must play blood brother for it.

Walk of caine is just insanely powerful, simply because of the extreme lunge power it give you. A turn of 14+ bleed is very possible, and Blood Brother can be extremely threatening for any deck.

Gestalt and Shell Game are on the same idea of being able to be as strong as any dedicated discipline if you want (or need) to. Anything you want, Sanguinis can do it, you only need to pay the price.

Unwholesome bound and Hive mind are both on the power level of Govern : a strong pool gain with a strong secondary option (especially Hive mind).

The other card are sometime useful support. When you have a strong intercept card, a strong stealth card, a strong bleed card, and two strong bloat card, all in sabbat to match with Hungry Coyote, you can have the rest of the discipline being support card.

More
05 Feb 2012 09:23 #22364 by Klaital
Here is my latest blood brother deck that worked quite well for me at least. It has strong combat and lots of bloat with quite decent lunge potential also. Perfectionists, Taste of Vitaes and Slake the Thirsts together with Jerry's awesome special keep your guys from running out of blood usually.

Crypt:
2x Tom
2x Barry
3x Jerry
3x Larry
2x Terry

Library: 90

Master: 14
3x Fame
4x Potence
4x Perfectionist
1x Tension in the Ranks
2x Wider View

Action: 23
8x Hive Mind
4x Oppugnant Night
7x Coagulated Entity
4x Unwholesome Bond

Action Modifier: 8
5x Slake the Thirst
3x Walk of Caine

Combat: 45
8x Immortal Grapple
9x Octopod
4x Skin of Steel
7x Taste of Vitae
7x Three's a Crowd
10x Torn Signpost

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds