file Blood brother - what can be done ?

13 Dec 2011 06:47 #18215 by Haze
I've played a bunch of Blood Brothers decks and learned some tricks with them. Sometimes I even win.

* Hungry Coyote goes in every deck. You need that blood gain. with :SAN: you can hunt for 2 and play Slake the Thirst easily.

* Your minions are very cheap, so you use little pool and you can bring them out fast. Use this to your advantage, try to control the early game if you can.

* Hive Mind is better than Unwholesome Bond most of the time. it's just so versatile! but they're both really good for pool gain.

* Octopod is a very good combat card. Keep in mind that it's played by a BB not in combat, so you just keep one vampire with :SAN: holding a bunch of blood to play it for everyone else.

* With cheap vampires who can generate pool with Hive Mind, you could even afford to get some expensive equipment like Assault Rifle. one or two Clockwerx is good to surprise move it around, and Octopod multiplies the damage every round. "Take 12 damage."

* Oppugnant Night is so crazy good. This one card has the possibility to make them the most efficient combat clan ever. Who needs deflection when you get 5 rushes per turn?

* Everyone already knows Shell Game + Walk of Caine is great.

* Brother's Blood isn't too bad at :SAN: because it stays on the vampire forever. I always throw in 1 copy at least. The more you can manage their blood levels, the more you'll win.

I haven't played with the Kiev circle too much, but I think their Protean is best used for stealth and Flesh of Marble. Mexico City begs to be used with Lilith's Blessing, but I haven't figured out the ratios for that. You could combine them with almost any discipline this way, so there's a ton of possibilities there!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2011 03:51 #18332 by Klaital
Kiev and Mexico City are pretty much the worst two circles, Chicago is my favorite personally, with some potence masters to get them all at superior. They have two guys with SAN which is enough, and some really awesome specials (Jerry's special especially is so unbelievably good).

But yeah your defense comes mainly from bloat with unwholesome bonds and/or hive minds (both of which require superior sanguinus) and back rushing. Torn Signpost + Octopod + Three's a Crowd + IG makes anyone not playing heavy prevent cry, and it works at either basic or superior levels, ranging from 4 to 9 damage depending on pot/san levels.

More
14 Dec 2011 11:58 #18371 by technobabble66
FWIW, i've played a successful Mexico circle, Hermana menor, deck.
It's all H. menor - abt 20 copies. Plays Agent of Power, w a couple of Spontaneous power to get some SAN going.
Lots of AoP, some Life in the City, some Lilith's Blessing, some Parthenon, some Effective management, a Hungry Coyote or 2, lots of Unwholesome Bond & Shell Game, some Walk of Caine. Some defence in the form of a few Gestalt & Thrown Gate.

Most turns initially: play AoP on a H.menor, then Effective Management or Life in the City (etc), Unwholesome bond at SAN to govern down.
2 turns of that & you can suddenly bring out another 4-6 minions.

Hard to play next to intercept decks, but otherwise i raise about 10 minions then bleed heavily. Worked maybe 50% of the time to get the GW. Still not fully updated w the latest new cards (not so new now, mind you) so the library may need some work...
I luv the deck, but it either wins heavily or gets sunk fast; which can get a bit boring if you're losing!

More
23 Jan 2012 16:39 #21538 by ReverendRevolver
I've thought about ding swarm vote with them, but never bothered trying it (crusades, krc, my kin against the world off of angelo then walk of caine bleed). i've always thought someone just needed to find the right cheese combo to make the mexico city circle shine. you could just swarm bleed and use SAN combat with undead presistance/trap/signpost. they're very almost awesome.

the Kiev circle is better though. Danylo's ability has seemed very useful to me since he was printed, i just can't decided on what yet. the whole circle is greeat toolboxy stealthbleed. you have earth control, lokis gift, and rapid change for stealth, or you can grapple and use SAN combat with agg hands.
unique and vicious stealthbleed is what they look most efficient as though.

More
30 Jan 2012 11:10 #22057 by Jerkface
Combat with BB is very efficient. My favorite combo is grapple, hands for 1, prevent with Fortitude, and disarm. Octapod to break through prevention.

More
04 Feb 2012 20:41 #22338 by KoKo

Kiev and Mexico City are pretty much the worst two circles, Chicago is my favorite personally, with some potence masters to get them all at superior. They have two guys with SAN which is enough, and some really awesome specials (Jerry's special especially is so unbelievably good).

But yeah your defense comes mainly from bloat with unwholesome bonds and/or hive minds (both of which require superior sanguinus) and back rushing. Torn Signpost + Octopod + Three's a Crowd + IG makes anyone not playing heavy prevent cry, and it works at either basic or superior levels, ranging from 4 to 9 damage depending on pot/san levels.

I have messed around with Blood Brothers a bit (although I am no expert). My favorite are those of the Chicago Circle although I have nothing too spectacular to write home about on that front. I will, however, say that right now, the most success I've had with Blood Brothers is with the Kiev Circle. They can effectively stealth/bleed and bloat. And have access to fortitude. So most of my turns in my current JOL game are like unwholesome, freak, bleed for 4-5 at stealth. With a Hungry Coyote in play, blood management is vastly improved without taking away from the decks offensive capabilities. That's also the beauty of have 3+ BB in play with them being so cheap and having acces to Hive Mind/Bond.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds