file Infernal Law Firm

01 Mar 2011 13:21 #1993 by Dr.Mafrune
Replied by Dr.Mafrune on topic Re: Infernal Law Firm

Just as a side note, I think this deck should be renamed to The Enron Deck or The Merrill Lyncher...

I like the names (... could be, because I passed first exam for chartered financial analysta a month ago ???) !!!
I have thought that Devil´s Advocate sounds also great.
The deck is inspired in one tournie deck made by a spanish player, Txus Alutiz, modified by me. The pattern followed is the tiki-taka school of making a deck, (in)-famous for their bitterness, fast pace of erasing preys & little reaction/defence, which fits perfect for infernal decks.

:TEM::AUS::DEM:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2011 04:35 - 08 Mar 2011 04:39 #2177 by finbury
Replied by finbury on topic Re: Infernal Law Firm
I like it, though I would make a couple of tweaks.

Crypt: Horde don't really help you except as Tend targets, and with the way the crypt is currently structured you'll have plenty of those. I'd be somewhat inclined to run the crypt as:
3x Annazir
3x Xeper
3x Arishat
1x Unnamed, the
1x Alu 2 obf
1x Lubomira Hradok 3 OBF

Unnamed's bleed for 1 and bloat can win you the occasional tight game; so can having a non-infernal sneaky weenie around who can hunt and rescue.

Masters: Count is about right or a bit short. I'd trim a couple of Dreams and a Tend for an Info Highway and two more Villein. Paths and Ruins are just right.

Actions: Going to 3 Condemnation: Mute will make them a bit more reliable. I don't think Enchant Kindred is a good play for this deck, honestly, because your big guys can't afford to take an action that only gains you 1 pool. You have enough actions in here already; drop 'em.

Action modifiers: I'm completely unclear why you'd run Approximation of Loyalty instead of Psychomachia. Think about it:
- effect: you aren't worried about reaction cards, usually, so we're talking about block cancelling. Psychomachia works at block-time, rather than Approximation which is play-as-announced.
- if Xeper is acting, both cards can be played on any 6-cap or less.
- if Arishat is acting, she can't play Approx at all, but she can Psychomachia past an AUS weenie like Maldavis or The Colonel
- If Annazir is acting, he can Approx past a 6-or-less, or Pscyhomachia past an 8-or-less.

Combat: Cycling freely is good and all, but you will end up in combat, if only because people rush you. Your S:CE should either be Staredown (because it is free) or Majesty (because it saves you a pool). Personally, I'd go with Majesty.

Votes: Conservative Agitation is a bad card at the best of times. If you sit down at a 4-player table, it's equal to or worse than a KRC. If you sit down at a 5 player table, it's 50% likely to be worse by the time you play it. This is doubly true for an Infernal deck; I mean, when you get to the endgame, taking that action to do 2 to your prey and 1 to yourself is painful for any deck, but if it's 2 to your prey and 2 to yourself, that's just not fun at all. I'm of the opinion that any deck with independent voters should be running Reckless in every ConsAg slot - it pretty much a straight upgrade. But in your case that would give you too many copies of Reckless. Here, I'd just ditch the extra votes - you do already have 25 action cards (24 if you take my advice above), which is a whole lot for a deck with limited minions.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2011 04:39 by finbury.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds