1x Fortitude
1x Houngan
1x Parthenon, The
3x Vessel

Reaction [8]
3x Friend of Mine
5x On the Qui Vive

How do you intend to oust? Slow bleeds, emty prays ready region
How do you intend to keep from being ousted? Pool gain from off kilter, block 0-stealthers
What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)? I think two vamipires are enough.
What do you want your average turn to look like? Minimum one rush and one bleed, gain pool from off kilter when possible.
What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play? Light-medium combat and medium bleeds, some anarch decks, some vote, and some heavy blocking.
What problems have you observed with the deck in play? Havent tested it yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2012 14:41 #26821 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Top hat brawl

Assuming this works, how do you intend to prevent your grand-prey from getting a very easy ride and stomping the table?

More
29 Mar 2012 14:54 - 29 Mar 2012 14:57 #26823 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Top hat brawl

Assuming this works, how do you intend to prevent your grand-prey from getting a very easy ride and stomping the table?

Obviously you don't know that contracts can be played on your grand prey too. Baroque also has a good albeit conditional rush, that works on the grand prey. So feel free to play contracts and rush the grand prey to prevent him from having an easy ride.
Don't thank me, I love to help !

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 29 Mar 2012 14:57 by Reyda.

More
29 Mar 2012 14:57 #26824 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Top hat brawl

Well, I do see 10 dirty contracts in there. I suspect they're reserved for more than just one's prey's and predator's vampires. :)

I'm not saying it's the best idea out there. Let us know how it goes once you get to try it out. I'm rather interested in how G2-3 samedi with celerity would fare with disguised flamethrowers. That's something I've been toying around with a wee bit, but never really made if for real, just some threw-in-some-shit-for-fun versions.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
29 Mar 2012 14:59 #26825 by jamesatzephyr

Obviously you don't know that contracts can be played on your grand prey too. So feel free to play contracts and rush the grand prey to prevent him from having an easy ride.
Don't thank me, I love to help !

And with only two vampires out and "slow bleeds" being necessary to secure an oust, there are problematic resource constraints.

Don't thank me, you're just a troll.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
29 Mar 2012 15:09 #26826 by jamesatzephyr

Well, I do see 10 dirty contracts in there. I suspect they're reserved for more than just one's prey's and predator's vampires. :)

Without the Parthenon (of which there is only one copy), it can only play one a turn which is a non-trivial constraint.

Against a deck with mild combat defence (Secure Haven, S:CE, Obedience etc.), you can easily find yourself using your rush and have it wasted. If you're having to rush across multiple turns to down a minion (where you could potentially rush again, Freak and then use a different Dirty Contract to rush a different minion), it would seem to be wasting a lot of resources.

In some ways, Haven Uncovered might be a better option, since you could at least rush with both your minions in a single turn - and assuming you could dunk it then, the possible burn action isn't so problematic. But looking at an option and thinking "Haven Uncovered might be better" usually sets my spidey-senses tingling for bigger problems.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds