file Top hat brawl

29 Mar 2012 15:10 #26827 by Reyda
Replied by Reyda on topic Re: Top hat brawl

Obviously you don't know that contracts can be played on your grand prey too. So feel free to play contracts and rush the grand prey to prevent him from having an easy ride.
Don't thank me, I love to help !

And with only two vampires out and "slow bleeds" being necessary to secure an oust, there are problematic resource constraints.

Than why not start your post by explaining this and suggesting interesting modifications of said deck ?

Don't thank me, you're just a troll.

For you it's "Sir Troll", please.

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2012 15:19 - 29 Mar 2012 15:20 #26828 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Top hat brawl

Than why not start your post by explaining this and suggesting interesting modifications of said deck ?

Because I was asking a question, because there might be circumstances particular to a meta-game. For example, the response "Nearly everyone plays slow decks, so I'm not too worried about my grand-prey getting a huge head start - it'll happen sometimes, but not too often" would be one possibility.

Asking for information for before reconstructing someone's deck is a perfectly reasonable thing to be doing!

And please, just stop trolling. It poisons discussions and is desperately unhelpful. Please, stop it.
Last edit: 29 Mar 2012 15:20 by jamesatzephyr.

More
29 Mar 2012 18:18 #26835 by Louhi
Replied by Louhi on topic Re: Top hat brawl
From my own experience with dirty contracts, you have slightly too many. Cut down on everything just a little and reduce the number of contracts by maybe one or two. If you get in combat you're going to flush your hand very quickly and be stuck with too many masters, but if you don't get any contracts you're going to jam on combat. The solution is less cards overall.

Houngan is nice but not worth the master slot. You have taste and an absurd amount of prevent so the problem is using the blood on something useful. A vampire constantly at full capacity is wasted potential.

Also, just like Jamesatzephyr says, I think you need to rethink the ousting mechanism. Emptying your preys ready region takes (a lot) of time and will kingmake your grandprey. Depending on where the contracts go (one or maybe two a round), either your predator or grandprey will take the game it feels. You don't have the master slots to oust your prey while stopping your predator/grandprey from breezing through the table. Granted I do know nothing of your meta. Since you have a lot of spare blood and need offense, making you able to spend the contracts in a more flexible fashion, reanimated corpses could be viable.

I have casually played a rather similar deck but with reanimated corpses/divine sign/open dossier so every single action could be directed forward and even then it felt like the offense could not keep up with the table (in my meta). Some information on your meta could go a long way!

Lidingö Scourge

More
30 Mar 2012 03:45 - 30 Mar 2012 04:16 #26847 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Top hat brawl
3 friend of mines are only cards here that require anarch, seems a bit pointless to go anarch just for that? You could instead replace the converts with Abebe who is perfect vampire for doing those off kilters, and replace the reactions with something else, like for example actual rushes to get benefit from all that multiacting?

I had somewhat similar deck idea, though it was focused around Josette, using Immortal Grapple, Withering, prevent, and Disarms to torpor people and then steal them with her special.

Speaking of which, replace all the dead hands with Withering which is just strictly better card because its not preventable by any cards that require discplines effectively (as you put the card on the opposing minion before damage prevention stage), and gives them -1 strength too which goes perfectly with all those presses. You also probably have couple too many groaning corpses.

EDIT: Oh yeah and the dirty contracts would likely be better as haven uncovereds, then you can have ALL your guys rush the dude, making it lot more likely to get it down.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2012 04:16 by Klaital.

More
30 Mar 2012 05:04 - 30 Mar 2012 08:02 #26851 by Steinar
Replied by Steinar on topic Re: Top hat brawl
Thanks for the feedback! My metagame has few decks that are very fast. Most of them uses some rounds for build up. There is a lot of toolbox-decks, and some heavy block. The reason I put in converts was to protect me from revolts as there pretty often are some anarch decks around.

Anyway, Here is the new version. Im still interesting in feedback, and how to modify the deck. Im going to try it out asap after easter.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 4 max: 10 average: 7.25

3x Troglodytia 10 AUS FOR NEC THN obf pot Samedi:4
3x Morlock 8 FOR NEC THN obf Samedi:4
3x Baroque 7 NEC THN aus for obf Samedi:5
3x Abebe 4 nec obf thn Samedi:4

Library [78 cards]

Action [8]
8x Off Kilter

Action Modifier [8]
8x Freak Drive

Ally [6]
8x Reanimated Corpse

Combat [36]
10x Groaning Corpse
2x Hidden Strength
12x Indomitability
4x Taste of Vitae
4x Weighted Walking Stick
4x Withering

Event [1]
1x FBI Special Affairs Division

Master [14]
1x Fame
1x Fortitude
8x Haven Uncovered
1x Parthenon, The
3x Villein

Reaction [3]
3x On the Qui Vive

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Fri Mar 30 09:03:32 2012]
Last edit: 30 Mar 2012 08:02 by Steinar.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds