file !Nos Big Caps Combat Toolbox

16 Apr 2012 16:02 - 16 Apr 2012 16:03 #28005 by johannes
Deck Name: Immer mitten in die Fresse rein
Author: Johannes Walch
Description: I built the deck on the idea of wanting a combat deck that can handle Animalism well. This one can because I stay close, strike harder and Taste and they most likely don´t. It can also handle S:CE quite well, 10-cap is hard to Obedience and at least Cailean handles Guns. Apparently it hates VIC combat. On top of that a strong defense module so I only need to back rush when there are big voters.

Managed 2nd place in German Qualifier, tied with 1,5VP in the finals but worse pre-final standing.

Crypt (Capacity min=6 max=10 avg=8.58; 12 cards)
===================================================
4x Cailean 10 dom ANI OBF POT PRE !Nosferatu:2
2x Julio Martinez 9 nec ANI DOM OBF POT !Nosferatu:3
2x Mateusz Gryzbowsky 8 ANI OBF POT !Nosferatu:3
1x Ox, Viceroy of the Hollows 6 ANI OBF POT !Nosferatu:2
2x Tarbaby Jack 8 dom ser ANI OBF POT !Nosferatu:3
1x Teresita, The Godmother 7 for ANI OBF POT !Nosferatu:3

Library (90 cards)
=====================
Master (19 cards)
4x Dreams of the Sphinx
2x Fame
1x Giant's Blood
1x Information Network
2x Monster // good in theory, but the blood is expensive. Would change for the future.
1x Nosferatu Kingdom
1x Smiling Jack, The Anarch
7x Villein

Action (18 cards)
13x Deep Song
2x Heroic Might
3x Preternatural Strength

Action Modifier (1 cards)
1x Enkil Cog

Reaction (20 cards)
3x Cats' Guidance
7x Deflection
10x Sense the Savage Way

Combat (27 cards)
7x Carrion Crows
2x Fists of Death
10x Immortal Grapple
1x Slam
7x Taste of Vitae

Combo (5 cards)
5x Swallowed by the Night

Created with Secret Library v0.9.3. (Apr 16, 2012 20:53:30)
Last edit: 16 Apr 2012 16:03 by johannes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2012 16:11 #28006 by Ohlmann
I like the concept. I had tried to do something similar with flesh of marble, but never got something good from it.

On topic :

* why fist of death instead of torn signpost ? You fear being unable to play them before having a preternatural strength ?

* By what would you replace Deep song if unavailable ? A mix of rush card and govern the unaligned ?

More
16 Apr 2012 16:38 #28008 by extrala
Torn Signpost don't mix well with Preternatural Strength.

More
16 Apr 2012 17:05 #28009 by Ohlmann

Torn Signpost don't mix well with Preternatural Strength.

Then again, the advantage to occasionaly be able to hit for 5 or cycle the card seem not that important compared to the 1 blood cost.

I may be wrong, but the deck seem to have Fist of death primary for when a minion have neither preternatural strength nor a built in strength bonus enter combat. Torn signpost seem stronger in thoses cases (since you don't have to pay blood), while being weaker when thing go smoothly and you already have a frightful minion. That's why the choice seem counter-intuitive for me.

More
16 Apr 2012 17:20 - 16 Apr 2012 17:20 #28010 by johannes

* why fist of death instead of torn signpost ? You fear being unable to play them before having a preternatural strength ?

I don´t like dead cards. Once I have one or two Prenaturals these are really dead. Also they stack when you happen to have both in hand. Torn Signpost would be an equally good choice, tough.

* By what would you replace Deep song if unavailable ? A mix of rush card and govern the unaligned ?

I think the deck is impossible without Deep Song. The versatility is key, always having rush or bleed depending if you need to oust or to torpor.

I would appreciate some suggestion on what to use instead of Monster. Preferrably cards without pool cost, or one maximum.
Last edit: 16 Apr 2012 17:20 by johannes.

More
16 Apr 2012 17:33 #28011 by Ohlmann
Thanks

I would appreciate some suggestion on what to use instead of Monster. Preferrably cards without pool cost, or one maximum.

My first thought would be Mylan Horseed x1. No intelligent idea for the second one, except that the Barrens is in the general theme of "alway crafting the perfect hand" that seem to be very important. But it may be a bit overkill.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds