file Deck Request -- Gangrel Antitribu

06 Jun 2012 17:25 #31760 by Rubia
Hey guys,

I've got a new player who's interested in playing Gangrel antitribu. I'm trying to avoid raptor decks. Does anyone have a decklist that I can build for a newbie? Ideally, it won't have super-expensive cards in it (because I don't have those to spare). Thanks!

Rubia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2012 17:41 - 06 Jun 2012 17:47 #31761 by Dorrinal
Why are they interested in Gangrel antitribu? What play style would you recommend based on the player's interest? For example, would they like: city gangrel, country gangrel, fighty, stealthy, political...?

Edit: come talk to us on #vtes! We miss you!

:trem:
Last edit: 06 Jun 2012 17:47 by Dorrinal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis

More
06 Jun 2012 18:21 - 06 Jun 2012 18:23 #31763 by TorranceCircle
Dorrinal asks a good question.

If you have a lot of night moves you can make a city gangrel deck that bleeds for one with a swarm. Very easy for a new player to play. You could throw in some agg hands combat and maybe a few rushes to give a taste of some combat. You could also use camera phones and obfuscate for a similar deck.

I also found two intercept type decks in the TWDA that could be changed by taking out some rares and replacing some of the non-!gangrel with the !gangrel that you have. I think intercept decks are generally hard to play for and can be frustrating to new players.

www.thelasombra.com/decks/twd.htm#2k8burtonontecq

www.thelasombra.com/decks/twd.htm#2k4esgrimaboston
Last edit: 06 Jun 2012 18:23 by TorranceCircle.

More
06 Jun 2012 18:37 #31764 by brandonsantacruz
As Dorrinal mentioned, play style is important. !Gangrel are low on ousting power without dominate and they have a wide variety of clan disciplines (ANI CEL FOR OBF PRO), so making a cohesive deck can be a challenge. At their core is protean, which is good for combat (offensive or defensive), stealth, and intercept. Sabbat toys can enhance their abilities, as can !Gangrel cards like Bay and Howl or Leathery Hide. If you can't use Embrace because of the cost and you don't want to use fatties like Enkidu, maybe go with a mid- to low-capacity group 3-4 or 4-5 crypt. Season to taste with intercept, combat, +bleed stuff and some stealth and you are ready to try it out. If that's not quite what you are after or are able to make let us know some more specifics.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
06 Jun 2012 19:03 #31766 by Rubia
I don't really know *why* he wants to play them. But I do know that he needs a deck that can oust.

If I had to guess, I think he likes cel/pro combat.

I've tried peppering it with computer hacking, but it seems bad.

What about Desert Eagle/Scattershot/Leathery Hide with some claws, and hack his way to an oust with obfuscate?

Rubia

More
06 Jun 2012 19:11 #31767 by Ohlmann
If the vampires are small enough (so he can hope to have 3-5 vampires), camera phone can work very well.

Else, the !gangrel also have the nasty habit of having a lot of strange off-clan discipline. Gr 2-3 or 3-4 can give you half a crypt with :dom:, and ~8 conditionning / govern can do miracle, as do bleed redirection.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds