file Stealing Snakes

01 Jul 2013 01:12 #50807 by ReverendRevolver
If playing spirit marionette decks have tought me anyrhing, its that i can always include conditionings into a stealydeck.

MY minions dont have dominate. But somebodies sure as hell do..... :)

What ive seen with decks like this in the past, is the folks asitting crosstable ignore you. Then you either magically become thier best friend in the world by stealing away what would oust them, or you suddenly blow through your prey, and they decide you are the table threat.

So playing the table cannot be over-valued with these things. But if you can pull it off, its normally worth it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2013 04:26 #50812 by Temporis
Replied by Temporis on topic Re: Stealing Snakes

If playing spirit marionette decks have tought me anyrhing, its that i can always include conditionings into a stealydeck.

Similarly, I would include The Ericyes Fragment in any deck that is likely to steal a prey's minions at some point. Always good to be able to beat someone with their own minion and their own cards. Possibly remove one of your master discipline cards to make space for it.

More
01 Jul 2013 05:05 #50816 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: Stealing Snakes

Lunge bleed.

Let them play and spend their pool (most importantly let them SPEND pool).
Tap/Strip them of blockers with the Corruption counters.
Swarm in for the kill. Plus a number of weenies with :dom: can use the GtUs forward as well as for defence.

My advice on the lunge is to either know you can survive one more turn with another 6 pool and no untapped vampires with :dom: or :DOM:... or wait a turn... or roll the dice, take the risk and see if it comes up gold.

Ok and how your main strategy (corruption) helps you?

I think the obvious answer is "by diseabling 1 or possibly 2 key minons of my prey".

My main concern here is that I see a similarity with rush/combat deck, you disable minions in order to have a clear path to your prey's pool.

BUT, you lack the strong defense that the rusher will have against combat and agressive predator.

And if needed, a rusher will be able to destroy 2 or 3 minion in a turn which is not doable for you.

To finish this post, I'll just say that I am genuinely puzzled and being an awfull deck builder (and player ^^) I am not saying it doesn't work, I'm just wondering how it works

More
01 Jul 2013 05:53 #50817 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Stealing Snakes
Well, his advantage above a combat deck are :
* he actually gain minion since he steal them
* he have a much better card flow.

Now, it's not really a tournament concept, because it's just so slow.

More
01 Jul 2013 10:40 #50830 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Stealing Snakes
Try me on it Ohlmann. Go actually play it. It isn't as slow as you claim.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
01 Jul 2013 11:22 - 01 Jul 2013 11:22 #50833 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Stealing Snakes
You need to put a 10-cap in play to start the corruption. Once you have done that, you can start to use Revelation of Ectasy to grind your way to enough corruption marker. We're talking of about 6-8 "unblockable" action (because of Venanation, blocking won't help much).

Once you have done that, you need to bleed out the prey with bleed of 1. You may have 5-6 minions at this point including the one stolen, but that's still only 5-6 pool damage per turn.

So, we are talking of ~10-12 turn to oust a not too cooperative prey. That's slow. Maybe not the slowest oust ever, but very very slow for a deck who have no real defense either.
Last edit: 01 Jul 2013 11:22 by Ohlmann.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds