file Stealing Snakes

27 May 2013 04:44 #49145 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Stealing Snakes
I've actually found it does best NOT as a speed-machine but instead as a sudden pounce.

If you play it to steal every minion from the very first turn, then you cripple your prey too much and cannot reliably get your Grand-Prey. That's the downfall of many Weenie decks, that they go hell-for-leather at their prey and their GPrey has a scott-free existence.

My own style for playing the deck is to absorb some bleeds, flick the big ones, maybe steal a weenie and use the Aabbt Kindred as blockers while you try to cycle into the Waters. You actually want people to spend their resources in front of you, because you don't plan to go too hard forward until you have the right moment. You do live close to the edge for a little while and yes, the Khobar Towers. Nefertiti actually takes relatively few actions and the Fortitude is there just for when you can; Deflections are often her specialty, and the discipline cards don't stay long in your hand... Dominates to the Ashheap, Serpentis on the Aabbts (or Waters).

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2013 23:06 - 20 Jun 2013 23:10 #50124 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Re: Stealing Snakes
i took this deck out for a spin with a few changes: I ran 9 corruption and 9 Revelation of Ecstasy; and i ran with 12 each Change of target and Venenation. I'll play it a few more times before giving some solid criticism because the first shuffle is always the roughest.

I got a lot of mileage out of Revelation of Ecstasy's tapping as Nef was my only minion with superior serpentis. i was also able to do quite a bit with Venenation/CoT, and ended up ousting my prey after grabbing a minion from them. I found corruption to be few and far between, however. if you weren't bound by your collection what would you change in this deck?
Last edit: 20 Jun 2013 23:10 by self biased.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
21 Jun 2013 01:56 #50126 by Juggernaut1981
The biggest addition I want to make to the deck is to have more copies of Corruption so that I can steal minions repeatedly and not have to rely upon Venenation to get mileage.

Basically I'd like a sample "sequence" to be:

With the SAME minion
Aabbt Kindred + Ser Discipline Card:
Corruption
either Venenation + CoT OR Freak Drive
Revelation of Ecstacy
either Venenation + CoT OR Freak Drive
Bleed

I'm prepared to juggle around minions until I can get them all to work, but being able to lay down something like 7-9 counters in a single turn is the ideal idea for the deck. That way when your prey has limited defence, you can basically raid out a mid-to-high cap in a single turn.

More
21 Jun 2013 09:59 #50141 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Re: Stealing Snakes
like I said, I've only played the deck once and on the first shuffle at that. At 90 cards, I would be inclined to add 2 serpentis cards, as 1 in 23 seems a little too low of a ratio to draw reliably, and the extra cards won't go to waste. Alternatively, consider using ore corruption than revelation. The venenation/cot trick is hella cool, but it requires your opponent to block, which they may not be inclined to do so once the figure out the deck. Lastly, your ideal action can only be done four times in a game at best. Consider increasing the amount of freak drive.

All told, it was a fun deck to play.

More
30 Jun 2013 12:07 #50753 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: Stealing Snakes
Just wondering : what's your plan for ousting your prey?

More
30 Jun 2013 21:40 #50802 by Juggernaut1981
Lunge bleed.

Let them play and spend their pool (most importantly let them SPEND pool).
Tap/Strip them of blockers with the Corruption counters.
Swarm in for the kill. Plus a number of weenies with :dom: can use the GtUs forward as well as for defence.

My advice on the lunge is to either know you can survive one more turn with another 6 pool and no untapped vampires with :dom: or :DOM:... or wait a turn... or roll the dice, take the risk and see if it comes up gold.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds