file Friends with Dirty Vermin

22 Nov 2013 07:53 #56884 by Lemminkäinen
Add a Heidelberg or two to make your ousts come lightning quick.

Throw away Dirty Little Secrets and get more stealth as milling doesn't help at all in any way unless you empty their library and hopefully (with no defense) you will be ousting them long before that happens.

You are using basically only obfuscate, which makes your crypt very suboptimal as !nos have awesome crypt for obfuscate. Ditch Tock, Aaron, and Stick, replace with Lubomira, Skulk, and Skidmark. And then you also probably want to double up on Lubomira and Skulk rather than Blister and Neddacka.

I agree. Lubomira's special used to be crippling, but now she can play Inside Dirt.

I would also replace vermin channels with computer hackings and most if not all old friends with more stealth, faceless night is especially something I would use a lot of in a deck like this.

Old Friends are golden with the new crypt you're suggesting. Bleeding for two is as good as two bleeds for one (duh) halving the number of bleeds needed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Nov 2013 08:50 #56886 by Klaital
Well its mainly that he is playing very small vampires, and with vermin channel + old friends, they will be out of blood really fast. Not to mention that old friends isn't replaced in forever, and he is playing horde deck, playing with 4 card hand size sucks. :p The changes I suggested would let him bleed for that same 2 without any blood costs (or DNR headaches), so he could put for example some pool gain there in form of tributes.

More
22 Nov 2013 09:20 #56887 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Friends with Dirty Vermin
Milling doesn't achieve anything here. Drop the dead cards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
22 Nov 2013 19:50 #56912 by Juggernaut1981
@Klaital:
1) They won't be draining blood as fast. Please look at that lovely new card Inside Dirt that I'm planning to play. Not every minion is all-bleeding-all-the-time.

2) Sure, Old Friends comes with a painful DNR clause. Please point to the combat and reactions section of this deck where I care about having a low number of cards in someone else's turn...

@Suoli & Lemminkainen:
I enjoy working the psychological angle of milling on players. It has an effect. Just because you can't quantify it in pool does not mean it does not exist. At one point I was also thinking of loading in Couriers as well. I might take out the Old Friends for Couriers.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
23 Nov 2013 21:51 #57021 by Umberling
I had this deck to test out, with more tools than you, but maybe lessa ggressiveness. And absolutely no defence against combat...

1x Frank Litzpar 5 OBF ani for pot !Nosferatu:4
2x Skulk 4 OBF ani !Nosferatu:5
1x Nails 5 POT ani obf pro !Nosferatu:4
2x Raphael Catarari 5 OBF PRE aus pot tha !Nosferatu:4
1x Skidmark 5 FOR OBF aus pot !Nosferatu:4
1x Aaron Bathurst 4 for obf pot !Nosferatu:4
1x Blister 3 obf pot !Nosferatu:4
1x Lubomira Hradok 3 OBF !Nosferatu:5
1x Stick 3 ANI !Nosferatu:4
1x Old Neddacka 2 obf !Nosferatu:4

Library [71 cards]

Action [25]
2x Conceal
7x Inside Dirt
2x Jack of Both Sides
14x Vermin Channel

Action Modifier [17]
4x Cloak the Gathering
3x Faceless Night
3x Forgotten Labyrinth
4x Old Friends
3x Veil the Legions

Equipment [4]
4x Laptop Computer

Master [17]
1x Communal Haven: Cathedral
3x Dreams of the Sphinx
2x Effective Management
2x Information Highway
1x Nosferatu Kingdom
2x Tribute to the Master
1x Using the Advantage
5x Vessel

Reaction [5]
1x Confusion of the Eye
2x Delaying Tactics
2x On the Qui Vive

Retainer [3]
2x J. S. Simmons, Esq.
1x Tasha Morgan

More
24 Nov 2013 07:07 #57033 by Lemminkäinen

@Suoli & Lemminkainen:
I enjoy working the psychological angle of milling on players. It has an effect. Just because you can't quantify it in pool does not mean it does not exist. At one point I was also thinking of loading in Couriers as well. I might take out the Old Friends for Couriers.

If you get a psychological effect, it's one of "rush/oust backwards!" which I don't think is ever a useful effect.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds