file Robber Barons

02 Mar 2014 14:42 - 02 Mar 2014 14:43 #59553 by TorranceCircle
Replied by TorranceCircle on topic Re: Robber Barons

By only adding Anarch Secession to a "regular" law-firm, you just make a given concept more complicated, thus less effective.
:tore:

This is the problem I keep having with all my ideas for anarch secession.:(
Last edit: 02 Mar 2014 14:43 by TorranceCircle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2014 15:17 - 02 Mar 2014 15:20 #59556 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Robber Barons

Try Orlando Oriundus + Secession + bunch of 5+caps with Fee Stakes for loads of baron votes. Hell, anarched Orlando + Fee Stake + Firebrand = 6 votes by himself.
Last edit: 02 Mar 2014 15:20 by Kiddo.

More
03 Mar 2014 09:01 #59595 by Azel
Replied by Azel on topic Re: Robber Barons

By only adding Anarch Secession to a "regular" law-firm, you just make a given concept more complicated, thus less effective.
:tore:

Mix the crypt. Go from mono-clan decks to mixed decks. The joy of anarchs is opening up to play those weird discipline and crypt combinations. It's almost like you build backwards from desired cards into disciplines into crypt.

For inspiration pick two titled Ventrue buddies who'd be a fun pair of barons and brainstorm from there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TorranceCircle

More
03 Mar 2014 10:46 - 03 Mar 2014 11:00 #59603 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Robber Barons
if you plan to use anarch seccesion just forget the law firm crypt. This way you are just making good deck worst. You've removed best plitical card ever (parity shift) and complicated deck structure. Best way is too use some other titled vampires that you want to make anarch to gain something with it. Examples could be good master cards (f.e. anarch railroad, club illusion) or anarch specific minion cards (f.e crimethinc). Anarch seccesion then lets you remove other anarch making cards (f.e. anarch converts). Another benefit is that you don't need to include fee stakes to get votes and are able to call your political actions from the very beggining because your vampires have votes even before going anarch. One of the good build for it could be PRE PRO vampires
Last edit: 03 Mar 2014 11:00 by alek.

More
03 Mar 2014 22:48 - 03 Mar 2014 23:17 #59636 by Haze
Replied by Haze on topic Re: Robber Barons

Another benefit is that you don't need to include fee stakes to get votes and are able to call your political actions from the very beggining because your vampires have votes even before going anarch.

this. this is what you should build the Secession deck around. otherwise you would just get a bunch of efficient 5/6 caps who will use Fee Stakes.

throw in a bunch of cheap princes and archbishops, there's a great selection in groups 1-2. Rake, Volker, Sela, Calebros (you can't steal his title if he's a baron instead of prince!). Independent titled vampires are good candidates as well since they keep their votes, so consider Synesios or Kephamos maybe. or use Constanza + Donal if you want to focus on dominate instead of presence.

this way you lose some of the reliable law firm tech like freak drives, but you can make up for that with Firebrand untaps! anarchs have so many options.

also I might as well post this here - I've been playing baron decks since Twilight Rebellion came out and I only just now noticed that Papillon works on barons. OTL

EDIT: thinking some more on this... some might say you're giving up strong Prince tech to get Baron tech. I would say this is a fair trade, since you get good cards like Rev Council, Garibaldi, Anarch Railroad. then it suddenly hit me: who's to say you can't leave one vampire as a Camarilla Prince the whole game, and throw out a surprise Parity Shift or 1st Tradition when they least expect it? OH SHIIIIIIT

it's not like you lose any votes, so maybe the strength of Anarch Secession is that you get the best of both worlds. this has the potential to be a very interesting deck! I wish I had 6 secessions to try this build out.
Last edit: 03 Mar 2014 23:17 by Haze.

More
04 Mar 2014 13:00 #59652 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Robber Barons
Could be neat running one prince with barons. Second trad wouldnt flow well, but pshift would.

Oh, incidentally, you may want to not include judgement:cam seg........

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds