file Robber Barons

02 Mar 2014 07:05 #59539 by TorranceCircle
Robber Barons was created by TorranceCircle
I had traded for Anarch Secession a long time ago. I thought it looked fun. perhaps it would be better to just play Ventrue Lawfirm.

The plan is to get one of the three princes to become a baron. Use a lot of multi-acting with majesty and freak drive. Enchant/Govern down, vote, bleed, win.

Minion tap and voter cap for some pool. Deflection to protect from bleeders.

I would like to make use of the Anarch Secessions I have traded for....any ideas? Will this work?

Deck Name: Ventrue Barons
Author:
Description:
Bridges, Nash, and Crowley leave the Venture Lawfirm to form their own practice.

Crypt (Capacity min=3 max=8 avg=5.92; 12 cards)
==================================================

1x Courtland Leighton 4 dom for pre Ventrue:1
2x Emerson Bridges 8 pot DOM FOR PRE Ventrue:1
1x Gideon Fontaine 3 PRE Ventrue:1
1x Heather Florent, The Opportunist 6 dom FOR PRE Ventrue:1
1x Jazz Wentworth 5 dom for PRE Ventrue:1
1x Ranjan Rishi, Camarilla Scholar 5 for DOM PRE Ventrue:2
2x Sir Walter Nash 7 DOM FOR PRE Ventrue:1
2x Timothy Crowley 7 ani dom FOR PRE Ventrue:1
1x Violette Prentiss 4 dom PRE Ventrue:1

Library (80 cards)
=====================

Master (10 cards)
2x Anarch Troublemaker
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
3x Minion Tap
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Powerbase: Los Angeles
1x Ventrue Headquarters

Action (17 cards)
6x Anarch Secession
4x Enchant Kindred
2x Entrancement
5x Govern the Unaligned

Political Action (15 cards)
3x Conservative Agitation
5x Kine Resources Contested
1x Neonate Breach
5x Reckless Agitation
1x Ventrue Justicar

Action Modifier (23 cards)
5x Bewitching Oration
5x Conditioning
5x Freak Drive
2x Seduction
6x Voter Captivation

Reaction (7 cards)
7x Deflection

Combat (8 cards)
8x Majesty

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4b. (Mar 2, 2014 09:58:22)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2014 10:05 #59543 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Robber Barons
huh, Anarch Secessions, nice. I think I'd still go with some Fee Stakes, so that your other vamps can also become barons (and therefore I'd keep a crypt to 5+ caps).

Also, I'd say - if you go anarch, go full anarch. you don't even have any of the awesome anarch politics, which is a shame. Seattle Committee + Rev Council = profit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TorranceCircle

More
02 Mar 2014 12:17 #59545 by Hakuron
Replied by Hakuron on topic Re: Robber Barons
By only adding Anarch Secession to a "regular" law-firm, you just make a given concept more complicated, thus less effective.

Like Kiddo suggests, do more, do some "real" anarch stuff.

Maybe an interesting idea: a mixed law-firm. Take 4 or 5 Princes, do some Govern (or Enchant Kindred) down on 5- and 6-caps that will become anarch and hopefully barons. You should generate some vote power that way, at least.

:tore:

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
02 Mar 2014 12:32 - 02 Mar 2014 12:34 #59546 by Legendre
Replied by Legendre on topic Re: Robber Barons
Right now the only benefit you're getting from your anarchs is the ability to play Reckless Agitation and the Powerbase.

There are a lot of really great anarch cards out there that you might as well use if you're going to go this direction. A lot of the anarch tech just doesn't fit this kind of deck. Still, there are some candidates:

* Anarch Railroad=PermaStealth. Won't help you against Walls, but it will get your votes past Carlton with an Unmasking, or some nit with a Sport Bike.

* Anarch Revolt isn't crazy (though it's easy to defend against these days). You could couple 2 copies of it with a few Liberty Club Intrigues to really punish the people who make their minions anarchs (though this would mean keeping one of your Princes -- or maybe your Justicar? -- Camarilla). Your opponent's minions can cardlessly go anarch, sure. But going back isn't as easy.

* Emissary might be superfluous, redundant, repetitive overkill for your deck, but it's still a nice card.

* Libertas seems like an absolute no-brainer, and you have plenty of room for master cards. I'd put in two. MAYBE three. Blocking allies are a pain.

* Poacher's Hunting Ground can be good if your meta has a lot of hunting grounds.

* Sweeper is a nice one-off in a deck like this. It's a small effect, but useful.

* Firebrand can get you an extra action each turn.

* Chameleon is a possibility since you've got Bridges and Nash with Voter Caps. Free Minions is Free Minions.

Those are my initial thoughts, anyway. I think by far the best card you're missing is Libertas.

Finally... quick question: is there some button or shortcut tag you used to make all those cards into links, or did you just type them all in?

Nevermind. You're using ARDB.
Last edit: 02 Mar 2014 12:34 by Legendre.

More
02 Mar 2014 13:44 #59549 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Robber Barons
Yea, opt for not using secession in lawfirm. Vamps like Zayyat (who can do crimethinc at pro or tham and bloat/get stealth) are cool with secession. But, ventrue with titles are a bit of a waste. Pre For anarchs seems solid to do what you want with fee stakes, and id run better anarch tech, like rev council.

More
02 Mar 2014 14:39 #59552 by TorranceCircle
Replied by TorranceCircle on topic Re: Robber Barons

Finally... quick question: is there some button or shortcut tag you used to make all those cards into links, or did you just type them all in?

Nevermind. You're using ARDB.

I used secret library. went to decks. then create a new deck. then made the deck. then went to BB code. then copy and paste into my post.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds