file Ropecon July 29-31, Espoo, Finland

19 Apr 2011 09:07 #3541 by jhattara
Ropecon is again approaching and people from abroad might already considering buying their plane tickets and reserving their hotel rooms. Accommodation from local players is probably also possible.

Ropecon will most likely again host three VTES events.

Friday 6pm Constructed ECQ
On Friday we have our traditional *HUGE* ECQ tournament hosted by Petri Wessman. The tournament will most likely start at 6pm, with registration ending at 5.30pm. It will be 3 rounds + final, with the final round starting half an hour past midnight.

Saturday Draft
On Saturday Tuukka Kallas will most likely host a draft tournament. All other details still pending.

Sunday 9/10am Create-a-Clan
On Sunday yours truly will host the fourth annual Create-a-Clan tournament. Rules for the tournament can be found at www.tenerdo.org/cac.html . If you don't have the time to create your own clan for this tournament, I will take almost a dozen older creations of mine with me which can be reserved also in advance. You could also borrow only the crypt and play the clan with a library of your choice. Other players are also encouraged to take extra Create-a-Clan decks with them.

Links
Ropecon (in Finnish)
Ropecon (in English)
Dipoli , Otakaari 24, Espoo

Hotels
Here are few nearby hotels. Radisson SAS is by many called the "Ropecon Hotel", due to its immediate vicinity.
Radisson SAS Hotel Espoo (distance 0.5km)
Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden (distance 2.2km)
Hotel GLO Espoo Sello (distance 5.9km)
Scandic Hotel Espoo (distance 6.5km)
Holiday Inn Helsinki West - Ruoholahti (distance 7.6km)

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PetriWessman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2011 10:59 - 19 Jul 2011 10:59 #6456 by Lönkka
Info on Friday's tournament can be found at Petri's site:
vtes.orava.org/wiki/main

Haven't been able to reach Tuukka, but I've been previously talking about the traditional Saturday draft with him. I kinda recall that the starting time on Saturday has been noon-ish...?

Anyhoo, if Tuukka for some reason doesn't organize the draft than one of the many princes present of yours truly surely will.

Last edit: 19 Jul 2011 10:59 by Lönkka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PetriWessman

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
20 Jul 2011 15:14 #6542 by a-e
Ropecon site says that draft is Saturday from 12:00 to 20:00 and that everyone can add one Agent of Power and one Fillip to their draft decks. Used sets are 3rd, BH & SoC.

Marko, Prince of Helsinki
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
22 Jul 2011 06:23 #6619 by Lönkka
Thanks Marko, I now added the event to calendar.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
28 Jul 2011 10:23 - 28 Jul 2011 10:28 #6993 by PetriWessman

Info on Friday's tournament can be found at Petri's site:
vtes.orava.org/wiki/main

Yeah. Sorry about being quiet on the announcement side for a while and not doing "proper" event advertising on this over here, I got into a fairly serious accident 1.5 weeks back and have spent the time since then mainly trying to get better, didn't have energy to do much else :(

Also, taking care of a tiny new little daughter has eaten a huge chunk of my otherwise-available free time. So those are my excuses :)

Anyway, yes, the Finnish ECQ info can be found on my site (link above), and Extrala also posted a nice summary on his site.

I'm getting things ready to go on my end, so see everyone there tomorrow ;)

-Petri
Last edit: 28 Jul 2011 10:28 by PetriWessman.

More
28 Jul 2011 12:08 #7001 by Klaital
I hope you can find the time to post the twd report of the tournament few weeks back also soon, Petri. Speedy recovery in any case. :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds