file Ropecon July 29-31, Espoo, Finland

28 Jul 2011 14:24 #7006 by PetriWessman

I hope you can find the time to post the twd report of the tournament few weeks back also soon, Petri. Speedy recovery in any case. :)

Yeah, that's definitely on the todo list, I expect to get around to that early next week. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2011 06:52 #7074 by Lönkka
Sorting out the promos took a while...

Up to 100 attendees, everyone will get one each:

Attachment Kuva0117-2.jpg not found

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Attachments:

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
30 Jul 2011 17:22 #7104 by jhattara
Always great to play when Lönkka is dealing the price support.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:

More
31 Jul 2011 16:17 #7130 by Lönkka
Heh, thanks.
I think that the tournament organizers do the majority of work.
So a BIG thank you to you, Tuukka and Petri -you rock!

Besides I'd describe myself as just the middleman though.
When the game was still in production it was really quite easy to get WW/PSI send promos & support along with our regular orders. So I'd like to extend the thanks to those guys as well.

Hopefully in the future when W&N have received their part of the WW's promo remainders the promo numbers for other big events like EC.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
07 Aug 2011 17:59 - 07 Aug 2011 18:02 #7538 by PetriWessman
Ok, looks like I don't have time to finish up the Ropecon tournament report tonight, and I leave for a week-long sailing trip tomorrow -- so I'll get back to hacking on that next weekend.

In the meantime... I was an idiot and forgot to ask some new players for their info (well, home city mostly), and of course now need that in order to create VEKN ids for them. So if anyone knows which (Finnish) city the following people are from, please let me know :)

- Joonas Vaittinen
- Karri Rintamaa
- Anssi Rekola
- Mikko Berkovits
- Antti Martikainen

Added: Anssi Rekola was the young guy (who did very well) and son of Timo Rekola, right? So he's from Tampere. The others are still unknowns.
Last edit: 07 Aug 2011 18:02 by PetriWessman.

More
07 Aug 2011 19:58 #7543 by Demnogonis Saastuttaja
Well here's a short report of what I was observing when not after-tournament rage drinking.

There's : Lasombra-Nana POT ANI-Tremere-something-Aus weenie.
The AUS weenie is Otso Saariluoma, the POT ANI is Ville Kaijasaari, both good players I know, the rest I don't think I have ever seen before. I was, of course, rooting for the Potence Animalism combat deck. I didn't see what happened to the deck [something], other that the Tremere (mid cap dudes, maybe a toolbox) had obviously ousted him. The lasombra had some 1-cap pander and Gratiano the whole game, IIRC I didn't see any guys in torpor so I don't know what happened here, I assume it was a terrible spot to sit in unless your Lasombra packs serious combat which I doubt. Time limit was creeping closer and I thought the tremere could win simply by having the only VP, but the POT ANI deck killed him with what seemed to be a small assist from AUS weenies. The Lasombra player whose cards I didn't get to see at all eventually got ousted with his single gratiano as well. At this point I thought the POT ANI might win with only going for a timeout, as I was talking to Ville earlier and I knew he had 3GW's, then again maybe Otso had too. Well. It was Muddled Vampire Hunter that resolved the game, torporing three POT ANI guys from three blood, there was also a score of aus weenies and Smiling Jack I think.

:ANI: :AUS: :VIC:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds