file Ropecon July 29-31, Espoo, Finland

08 Aug 2011 18:42 - 08 Aug 2011 18:45 #7636 by Lönkka
Here's some general pics of the event. I'll save the ones from the finals for the TWD thread.

Marko also took some pics of the finals as well as the tournament & convention in general, even if his flickr account doesn't show that many VTES pics. Nevertheless this pic so totally captivates my 2nd round (both predator & grandpredator were playing combat decks and since my deck didn't have that much combat in it I thought that it might be a good idea not to bring anyone out, let alone my star vamp, before I had tried to fish out the recently added Secure Haven. Picture my astonishment when I got the only copy to my hand with my 2nd discard. Immediately after this my prey brings out my star vamp. Enter Marko's snapshot...)

Since we were in Finland, the world famous web comic Finland came to pay his visit to the registration area.

Attachment Finland.JPG not found

Attachment rc01.jpg not found

Attachment rc02.jpg not found

Attachment rc03.jpg not found

Attachment rc04.jpg not found

Attachment rc05.jpg not found

Attachment rc06.jpg not found

On the 3rd round someone else's (Kraus' ?) edge kinda matched mine so perfectly (I'd guess that goggles are indeed a must...) that I just had to take a pic:

Attachment rc07.jpg not found

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Aug 2011 18:45 by Lönkka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
16 Aug 2011 19:02 #8296 by Kraus
A bit late, but it's better late than never. :) Right?

....right?

So yeah, Antti Martikainen is one of us. Coming from Joensuu. Joonas Vaittinen is also originally from here, and got active once again just recently, but he's going to play also in Helsinki during studies. So pick which ever city, he's both here and there.

And yeah, the wee turtle's mine. :) Didn't see much love as the edge in the tournament, though. People never picked him. He's widely loved around in here, though. :)

The pick's awesome in any case.

Thanks for the tournament! Baron and the Groaning Carneval did better than I suspected, and I actually got a GW from the second table. The first one was pretty horrible once I landed in front of G3-4 !Malks. You know the drill. The last game was thrilling, and every single player held the keys for victory for a long, long time. Eventually the Ventrue G1 princes took the table (partly thanks to my inability as a predator, I believe), but it was pretty intense. A sweep from that one (wasn't really impossible, honest!) might've taken me pretty close to finals, I think.

But ifs are wonderful as always. It was a nice tournament. Thanks, and see you next year. :)

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: PetriWessman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds