04 Mar 2011 12:30 #2065 by er-principe
Ita Qualifier Tour 2011 - 2nd stage, Genova
February 27th, 2011
2R+F
35 players

Winner: Riccardo Fabiani

Deck name: Para Bailar la Bamba
Author: Riccardo "il Male" Fabiani
Description: A breed and vote deck with Bamba and Amaravati, taking advantage of a good laibon spread into the Assamite clan. The main idea is to breed enough Bambas, bleed occasionally to charge Alamut, bloat with Haquim's Law and Boon, then go for the killing with Khabar: Community and Veil the Leigion for bleed and big votes like Reckles

--

Crypt: 12
4 Olugbenga ani cel OBF QUI 7 Assamite
3 Amaravati ani chi OBF QUI DOM 8 Assamite
3 Kamau Jafari obf QUI 4 Assamite
1 Alu obf 2 Assamite
1 Basir qui 1 Assamite

Library [81 cards]

Master (18)
3 Alamut
2 Vessel
2 The Khabar: Community
1 The Coven
1 Dark Influences
1 Ancestor Spirit
1 Yoruba Shrine
1 Perfectionist
1 Heartblood of the Clan
1 Powerbase: Tshwane
1 The Black Throne
1 Underworld Hunting Ground
1 Secure Haven
1 Dreams of the Sphinx

Action (24)
12 Bamba
8 Haqim's Law: Leadership
3 Loss
1 Khabar: Glory

Political Action (15)
6 Kine Resources Contested
5 Consanguineous Boon
2 Reckless Agitation
1 Kindred Segregation
1 The Secret Must Be Kept

Equipment (4)
1 Kduva's Mask
1 Gran Madre di Dio, Italy
1 Heart of Nizchetus
1 The Sargon Fragment

Action Modifier (19)
4 Lost in Crowds
4 Elder Impersonation
4 Cloak the Gathering
3 Forgotten Labyrinth
3 Veil the Legions
1 Strange Day

Event (1)
1 The Uncoiling

Emiliano
vekn.net administrators staff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2011 15:48 #2068 by Drain
Poor Assamites. So chronically underpowered. Surely not capable of winning a 30+ player event. Colour me impressed.

That said, hey, another Laibon deck! It's almost like players started retreading the less explored options once they realized that nothing new was going to be made in the foreseeable future.

Drain

More
04 Mar 2011 19:39 #2073 by Kushiel

Poor Assamites. So chronically underpowered. Surely not capable of winning a 30+ player event. Colour me impressed.

I don't think anyone's been complaining about the power of Assamites since they won both days of the NAC a few years ago. The power of Quietus, on the other hand, is more of a sore spot. This deck confirms both biases.

More
05 Mar 2011 18:11 #2098 by extrala

I don't think anyone's been complaining about the power of Assamites since they won both days of the NAC a few years ago. The power of Quietus, on the other hand, is more of a sore spot. This deck confirms both biases.

The Assamites have become quite a reasonable clan for winning tournaments (especially since LotN): by bleeding, by voting, just not by playing combat. :P

More
09 Mar 2011 04:14 #2213 by Drain

Yes, you are correct. The comment was made partially tongue-in-cheek (I used to frequent the PoB forums). ;)

Drain

More
09 Mar 2011 17:41 #2222 by Kushiel

Yes, you are correct. The comment was made partially tongue-in-cheek (I used to frequent the PoB forums). ;)

I know, but I was trying to drum up interest in making Quietus not suck for a non-existent design team in front of an audience that probably doesn't care. The Internet is awesome. :)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds