file TWD - Ita Qualifier tour 2011, 2nd stage - Genova

09 Mar 2011 20:37 #2227 by Drain

I know, but I was trying to drum up interest in making Quietus not suck for a non-existent design team in front of an audience that probably doesn't care. The Internet is awesome. :)

Ah, but this being the Internet, you not knowing if the audience exists/cares can be quite the catalyst.

My opinion: Quietus not sucking was always going to depend on more straight-value cards like Loss coming into existence. People crying out for combat cards were mostly approaching the problem from the wrong angle. Nor could the design team deliver us a super-combat-trump-wrapped-in-QUI-foil since that would wallpaperize most of the Discipline altogether. What they were trying to do was to give us tools that made the playability of QUI more palatable... but they stopped before hitting the mark.

Drain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2011 06:48 - 10 Mar 2011 06:51 #2245 by Mephistopheles

I don't think anyone's been complaining about the power of Assamites since they won both days of the NAC a few years ago. The power of Quietus, on the other hand, is more of a sore spot. This deck confirms both biases.

The Assamites have become quite a reasonable clan for winning tournaments (especially since LotN): by bleeding, by voting, just not by playing combat. :P

Anyone who reads my blog knows that I am a combat deck maniac. And I am not talking about casual games here, but hardcore tournament play. Let me just state this: Assamite combat decks suck. I've experimented with them, but to be honest my Ventrue (and I don't mean Hardestadt) bruise and bleed was better than any Assamite version.

I think one of the biggest failure in v:tes is that a clan that is basically built around the idea of hunting/fighting down vampires, a clan that consists of fearsome warriors, totally fails at combat in the card game. The strongest deck you can build around the clan is a stealth-vote deck! Ridiculous.

/// No offense to the author of the deck. Actually I like his deck very much and send him my best wishes. Congrats! ///

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com
Last edit: 10 Mar 2011 06:51 by Mephistopheles.

More
10 Mar 2011 10:06 #2255 by Dr.Mafrune
Absolutely true. Quietus sucks !!!

:TEM::AUS::DEM:

More
10 Mar 2011 10:26 #2257 by jhattara

Absolutely true. Quietus sucks !!!

Quietus doesn't suck. Quietus combat sucks.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
10 Mar 2011 14:40 #2266 by Kushiel

What good cards does Quietus have? By my estimation, the only ones that are even worth playing are Black Sunrise, Foul Blood, Loss and Principia Discordia, and none of those are better than "okay."

More
10 Mar 2011 14:48 #2268 by Mephistopheles

What good cards does Quietus have? By my estimation, the only ones that are even worth playing are Black Sunrise, Foul Blood, Loss and Principia Discordia, and none of those are better than "okay."

Disagreed. The only good cards:

1. Black Sunrise. Obvious.
2. Loss. Agreed.

The rest is suboptimal, imo.

NC for Hungary

hunfragment.blogspot.com

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds