file TWD: GOTHENBURG 2012-11-10

12 Nov 2012 16:10 #40808 by Ohlmann

I like the absence of ashur+liquidation.

(by the way, there is no Lillith blessing either, and only one Voter Cap which can hardly be seen by itself as a real pool generation scheme, especially without any Ashur)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2012 16:28 - 12 Nov 2012 16:34 #40809 by Boris The Blade

Milicent Smith + Reversal of Fortunes + Anneke? That's dirty :lol:

Who is in x1, unlike Anson and Alexandra.

With that combo, Anneke can burn any vampire anywhere on the table, but Anson is enough to deter your pred and you prey's undirected actions.
Last edit: 12 Nov 2012 16:34 by Boris The Blade.

More
12 Nov 2012 16:30 #40810 by Reyda

On a sidenote: I'm still quite sure that in nowadays meta, 1 fear of mekhet in any decks which are out of its range is the first card I put in....

Yeah, I seriously consider one Fear of Mekhet in every deck. I probably don't even need Anthelios because the decks FoM counter often play their own Anthelios.

I already play 1x Fear of mekhet in all my competitive decks (ahrimane, akunanse, ishtarri) and it works perfectly. With the added bonus that IC/justicar players often pack anthelios, which allows me to take the card back whenever I have a spare master phase (usually after villein or vessel)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
12 Nov 2012 16:44 #40812 by Xaddam

Milicent Smith + Reversal of Fortunes + Anneke? That's dirty :lol:

(well, then again, I want to stress out that Xaddam - and other finalists - is not at any fault of any kind to try to build a powerful deck, and that it's more a funny illustration than a scientific proof anyhow)

I don't even know why people are freaking out over the fact that some decks are more common than others. It's almost axiomatic in a strategy game that some strategies are more popular. If you managed to change 5 cards in a deck you're innovating, in my opinion.

The fact that the game was more diversified before (if that even was the case, which I'm not sure about) only shows that we knew less about the game, not that the game is bad. I'm not the best at football, but I'm gonna try this analogy anyway: is there a big following of people who thinks football is a bad game because teams always seem to use defenders? Probably not, because it's commonly viewed as a necessity. There probably was a few teams who tried this strategy in the game's infancy, but not anymore.

I like the absence of ashur+liquidation. while still a villein+zillah machine, this deck is more like the first wave of mmpa decks and actually looks to interact with the table a bit.

I feel Villein+Zillah's is the only reason we see cap 9+ in tournament play at all, so it's more or less a given. I don't have enough big-caps in my crypt to warrant ashur+liquidation, a lot of the pool would be wasted. Sargon Fragment and 60 cards seemed like a better recursion option.

(by the way, there is no Lillith blessing either, and only one Voter Cap which can hardly be seen by itself as a real pool generation scheme, especially without any Ashur)

Is that expected at your local tournaments? I would be surprised if there was a single Lilith's Blessing and one more V-cap than the one I had at the tournament. The cards are commonly viewed as "OK" or "bad" in Sweden.

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro

More
12 Nov 2012 17:13 #40814 by Reyda
voter cap is just "ok" or "bad" ?
i beg to differ : it's a card that helps you win more when you are alreday winning. It secures your position with blood gain, pool gain, while you are doing what your deck does : dealing damage or bloating. Playing a vote deck without voter cap is possible, but choosing not to include them when you have some presence on your minion is just missing an opportunity. It would be exactly like playing big caps without villein, mind you ;)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
12 Nov 2012 17:15 #40816 by Xaddam

it's a card that helps you win more when you are alreday winning.

Indeed. And this is the reason why it's not that good. It's superfluous.

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds