file TWD Flames of Insurrection: Berkeley, 2013-04-20

26 Apr 2013 02:36 #47739 by ReverendRevolver

Ian disproves the lie that there are no more concepts to explore in VTES.

There are many ways to creative new decks, but first you sometimes have to push aside older, more familiar concepts. Here I guess the concept is titled vampires with pre/nec/aus.

I believe this is the first time Augustus Giovanni appears in a TWD, and the second time for Lille Haake (who has only appeared once, in a deck that included every CE Tremere).

Also check out his TWD here www.thelasombra.com/decks/twd.htm#2012g1lac for another creative approach to using crypt cards.

I have been seeing a lot of TWDs that are not traditional Tier 1 decks. Is this the next wave of VTES?

I can only hope people would start playing more unpredictable vtes. Shahailah and Bindusara combat wall for the win!

Now, if someone puts josef van buren in the twda, i just wont know what makes sense in the world.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2013 14:03 #47769 by Jeff Kuta

I love that no one can use PB:Madrid...

...out of the box.

The interesting thing about PB:Madrid (and unfortunately this didn't matter in the games I saw), is that independent vampires with 1 vote or 2 vote titles still keep their titles if they change sex! Er...sects!

So Kahina could Clan Impersonate to Harbingers of Skulls and start using PB:Madrid immediately.

I think that might be a fun angle to try with Into the Fire. Maybe I can make an Assamite Black Hand Seraph vote deck with the G4/5 titled Indies joining the Sabbat too!

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
26 Apr 2013 14:52 #47783 by Wedge

The interesting thing about PB:Madrid (and unfortunately this didn't matter in the games I saw), is that independent vampires with 1 vote or 2 vote titles still keep their titles if they change sex! Er...sects!

For some reason LSJ decided indy titles were tied to the vampire and not sect, when they were made titles.

More
26 Apr 2013 20:56 #47792 by ReverendRevolver

For some reason LSJ decided indy titles were tied to the vampire and not sect, when they were made titles.

It makes more sense in some cases than others.
Xavier saying the gangrel leave the cam, for example, seems to stick with the others of his clan, nominally. But he does only have 2 votes in vtes instead of what he would have if he were ever printed as a justicar.

But fluff wise, im not sure his clan would give him the aame respect if he became sabbat. Although he does have like Abombwe level 4 or something, so laibon or even anarch would make some sense.

Chalk it up to mechanical ease for the disadvantaged- politically indies?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds