file Hektor Returns to San Jose

07 Jan 2014 03:57 - 08 Jan 2014 14:00 #58278 by brandonsantacruz
Hektor could not get enough to eat in Europe, so he came back to San Jose for another tournament.

Round 1:
Me (Hektor)> ? (?)> Chris Shorb (AUS OBF PRE vote)> Kenneth (Mary Anne Blaire)

Things went pretty well until I had to pay 14 pool to keep Hektor via Temptation of Greater Power. I managed to not die for a while, then I was bled out.

Me > Andy (Malk bleed)> Ian (Assamites with Aus)> Eric (Kiasyd bleed)

This game worked out pretty well for me. Leo Washington came out and got Heart of Nizchetus and a fortitude skill card. Hektor then came out and started eating my predator’s minions. Eric successfully govered down once, but that was the only action he took all game. Andy saw what I was up to, so he tried to influence out 2-3 minions at once to avoid my wrath. I influenced out some weenies to do small bleeds and other assorted actions (Ian played Powerbase: Montreal early).

Eric and Andy coordinated their influencing so that they had four minions at the same time. I ate them all in one turn. Ian brought out some dudes, I ate most of them, too. Ian ousted Eric, I ousted Andy and Ian.

Me: GW 3 vp
Ian: 1 vp

Final
I was 4th seed in the final and ended up in a good spot. My prey was a voter, so I had a reasonable incentive to attack him instead across table.

Me> Kenneth (Ventrue)> Chris Shorb (Fat AUS OBF PRE vote)> Eric> Ian

Ian brought out a weenie, then Dmitri B. He bled me for two with Truth of Blood, so he had to die (as all of my predators do). Kenneth and Chris had too many votes for me to diablerize freely and I never got a Dogs of War off. Mylan and something else got DI’d. One or two things got Suddened. It was annoying.

I ate Dmitri and figured I could defend against anything else Ian threw at me. Ian failed to even attempt to save himself by tapping his dude equipping a sniper rifle, among other useless actions. Eric killed Ian. I ate one of his minions, but Chris chose to Banish Mary Anne Baire instead of one Eric’s dudes, so I died. Eric ousted Kenneth, which meant he won.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
Last edit: 08 Jan 2014 14:00 by brandonsantacruz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2014 05:28 #58283 by AaronC
I have never seen this deck in action, although I have certainly heard about it: "He ate 11 minions in one game: he was hungry!" Part of me wants to see exactly what you do, and the other part wants to run away screaming.

More
07 Jan 2014 13:14 - 07 Jan 2014 13:14 #58301 by Lönkka
The thread would make more sense if the decklist was available somewhere.

I've probably just missed it being posted and discussed at length somewhere, but could you please help out by linking to the decklist?

EDIT: nomnomnom...

Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 07 Jan 2014 13:14 by Lönkka.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
07 Jan 2014 13:33 #58302 by kombainas
Praise the meta, which has nothing against combat :D

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
08 Jan 2014 13:58 #58359 by brandonsantacruz

Praise the meta, which has nothing against combat :D

Hektor took out Laz after 3 rounds of additional strikes vs prevent only to Amaranth him and refill in another tournament ;)

-Friedrich Nietzsche

More
08 Jan 2014 14:16 #58362 by brandonsantacruz

The thread would make more sense if the decklist was available somewhere.

I've probably just missed it being posted and discussed at length somewhere, but could you please help out by linking to the decklist?

EDIT: nomnomnom...

I will write out a decklist when I get home tonight, the last version I have in Secret Library is from some time back.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds