file Hektor Returns to San Jose

09 Jan 2014 21:50 #58440 by Lönkka
How often has it happened to you that after eating a vamp someone brings out Carlton on their next turn and burns Hektor during untap?

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: TorranceCircle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
09 Jan 2014 23:06 #58445 by TorranceCircle

Praise the meta, which has nothing against combat :D

Surprising actually. The one time I made it out to San Jose there were several combat decks.

More
10 Jan 2014 01:52 #58447 by brandonsantacruz

How often has it happened to you that after eating a vamp someone brings out Carlton on their next turn and burns Hektor during untap?

Never. I have been in a situation where I had to rush and thump Carlton, so I guess that player's timing/judgement was off.

@ Jeff: It is much harder to proactively break people's combat. With psyche it doesn't matter whether they S:CE, prevent, hitback, dodge, whatever. The next 1 agg strike (which can't be DI'd, unlike temporary effects) will send them to torpor. The biggest problem is agg hitback. That's why The Unamed was such a problem with I played against your deck before. If I survive combat I can follow up a failed rush with Psyche or untap/rush again.

@ Kombainas: While those are good cards, they can't fit into this deck. The deck has to flow well and already has minor hand jam issues on masters. The only good defense here is a good offense. Kill voters, kill everyone. Don't plan to hang around and block with Hektor, you need to eat dudes and bleed. Eternal Vigilence is a prayer card, good for things like Ventrue Lawfirm and other no stealth decks.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
10 Jan 2014 03:38 #58448 by librarian
Good thing my Lutz deck was never your prey or predator.
I was kind of hoping that Eric would get Ian and you, and then I could get him and Kenneth. However, it didn't turn out that way. Clearly banishing Mary Ann Blaire was a tactical error.

More
10 Jan 2014 07:34 #58455 by Lönkka

Never. I have been in a situation where I had to rush and thump Carlton, so I guess that player's timing/judgement was off.

Right-ho,
that seems to be very lucky.

I'd be scared $**tless of Carlton with a deck like yours!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
10 Jan 2014 08:59 #58459 by kombainas

While those are good cards, they can't fit into this deck. The deck has to flow well and already has minor hand jam issues on masters. The only good defense here is a good offense. Kill voters, kill everyone.

Add Barrens and Dreams of Sphinx. And most important, add Secure Haven! Your deck is quickly done for if you get a +1 stealth bleeder with Secure Haven.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds