file Undead Persistence

23 Jan 2014 19:25 - 23 Jan 2014 19:26 #58807 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: Undead Persistence

Poolgain does nothing to defend you, e.g. it does not stop weenie bleed, stealth bleed, power bleed, votes, combat, minion stealing or whatever bad can happen to you. If you have an offensive engine like this deck has, it buys you just enough time to get another VP ;) . If the forward engine stalls, this sort of "defence" will become meaningless as well.

Have you ever heard the expression "Block with your pool?" Bloat is a legitimate defense to bleed/damaging votes - I'm surprised you're saying otherwise.

I agree with Robert: the deck is not defenseless. It just doesn't have a rigorous or airtight defense. I am surprised that there are no untaps at all.

It also has Bakr's rush + Taste of Death and the general threat of Taste of Death is a deterrent to some bleeding and rush-decks.

This kind of deck might do quite well in a wall-heavy meta in which it gets a less-defensive prey in a few games. I would be very interested in seeing a report or at least a description of the final table. Loss is a great card for messing up wall decks that rely on guns for instance.

This deck just looks like a lot of fun to play unless you end up suffering action hand-jam.
Last edit: 23 Jan 2014 19:26 by AaronC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2014 21:11 #58808 by Pendargon
Replied by Pendargon on topic Re: Undead Persistence
Well, i have been playing assamite decks since forever, and decks like this never ever worked for me.
Must be a meta thing

But, this deck relies to take out at least 15 pool worth of vampires.
And then, every thing it takes costs blood (loss, elder impersonation, Reckless, selective silence, taste of death).
Then, also, it villeins its vampires with no apparent way of claiming the blood back

Then, it has no untaps, and only real defence are 2x major boon, and limited bloat in 6 Leaderships in 84 cards.
Sure, an oust under Khabar:Glory gives 10 pool, but this deck's stealth package is repetitive and not very strong to punch through walls (or even dedicated 2nd trad reliably), and Taste of Death combat is , in my experience, something i never made to work as any simple combat ends makes you waste too much resources.
( selective silence + taste of death... ok, i majesty... i psyche, selective silence, taste of death. Ok i go to torpor. Drats, i wasted 5 cards and 4 blood to make oyu lose 1 blood and go to torpor, and i cannot even properly eat you)

Don't get me wrong, i love it that Assamites added another TWDA, nothing makes me more happy. But, i'd really LOVE to see other decks that played that finals

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
23 Jan 2014 22:03 #58809 by ReverendRevolver
Im on the fence. I cant see this kind of deck doing good everywhere, because it needs to setup, not die, then be in a decent spot to keep not dying.

Bloat 2 at a time, yes there is villein and vessel, and path, but boon and bloat is the defense.

This deck cant survive a table if someones playing dedicated combat assamites, who loss bleed as well, since those decks can dodge and may pack fortitude. Alot of combat smokes "i set range spit agg" especially simce i see no rotschreck. A 9 cap assamite being at the table hurts you.

But, i consider alot of decks without boon and bloat actions less defensive, and have seen them win.

You cry to power or stealthbleed, limited success against most "grinders" but you smoke 2nd trad often, eat no secrets without active combat for lunch, and lets face it, less combat heavy decks arent as good at coping with this.
I laugh at combat module of 2 majesty, and they still win. This deck punishes those decks.

Its not defenseless, its another dexk from a meta alien to mine, for sure.

More
24 Jan 2014 01:50 #58810 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: Undead Persistence
Frankly the crypt is also questionable. It looks like you would usually only be able to get out two of your guys, a bigger one and a smaller one, and then also hopefully a web of knives recruit. The average crypt size is 6, and there's an excellent chance of initial duplication.

More
24 Jan 2014 14:37 #58824 by ReverendRevolver

Frankly the crypt is also questionable. It looks like you would usually only be able to get out two of your guys, a bigger one and a smaller one, and then also hopefully a web of knives recruit. The average crypt size is 6, and there's an excellent chance of initial duplication.

I wrote that off as personal preference and odd meta. I wouldnt use this grouping without goig with Thucimia, joe boot hill, and mayne antara. Then a couple forced march amd of course actual combat defense (dodge and pursuit/blur gets you her, animalism still hurts you with birds n bats)

But again, alien meta,to me, apparently.

Maybe some gentle (see non Akunanse or grappling osebo) no secrets were around along with weenie aus that fellhard to taste of death. If you cant bleed heacy behing this, its bloat can get moving if it needs defense.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds