check TWD - Aplocalypse VI

02 Apr 2019 11:53 #94338 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic TWD - Aplocalypse VI

What is the point of this information? It suggests that his deck or play was bad in your opinion and you are trying to qualify the result. Why else would it be relevant?

What is the point of this post?

To understand what idea he is trying to convey, commonly called communication.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2019 12:13 #94339 by thelonius reloaded

Also, please notice that it was Romain's first tournament and final. Before that, he had played like 6 games :)

What is the point of this information? It suggests that his deck or play was bad in your opinion and you are trying to qualify the result. Why else would it be relevant?

Maybe it's only "giving glory" to a new player, to cheer him in front of an international audience...

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

More
02 Apr 2019 14:07 - 02 Apr 2019 14:09 #94341 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic TWD - Aplocalypse VI

Also, please notice that it was Romain's first tournament and final. Before that, he had played like 6 games :)

On the contrary, it was a compliment, and a proof that "new" players shouldn't be afraid of playing tournaments.

Your way of thinking is a bit strange: how reaching a final on his first try and after only 6 games could be seen as bad?

EDIT: Thelonius got my point

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 02 Apr 2019 14:09 by Ankha.

More
02 Apr 2019 14:55 #94342 by thelonius reloaded

On the contrary, it was a compliment, and a proof that "new" players shouldn't be afraid of playing tournaments.

Your way of thinking is a bit strange: how reaching a final on his first try and after only 6 games could be seen as bad?

I would have done the same with one of my hatchlings ;)

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
02 Apr 2019 17:19 #94343 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic TWD - Aplocalypse VI

I would have done the same with one of my hatchlings ;)

Any day, every day. :) My newlings deserve applause just for attending - all the more if they succeed in games!

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
03 Apr 2019 18:44 - 03 Apr 2019 18:46 #94360 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic TWD - Aplocalypse VI

Oh, sorry. The language used and that it followed directly after table seating gave me a different idea (that it was context for that).

Also human emotions sometimes perplex me.
Last edit: 03 Apr 2019 18:46 by Mewcat.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds