check TWD: Black Forest Base - 2

11 Apr 2019 11:51 - 11 Apr 2019 12:04 #94493 by Bloodartist

I'm puzzled - with no HoS, how did you get the first Emerald Legion into play?

In the final, the sequence was:
1.turn play liquidation, bring up anarch convert.
2.turn play agent of power naming temporis on anarch convert. Play liquidation. Convert does summon history X=1. If there is a blocker, convert can get 1 stealth from pocket out of time. get Legionnaire. Legionnaire bleeds. Bring out couple more vampires.
3. Turn: One more legionnaire comes from ash heap in unlock step. Technically its possible to get 2 if I happen to mill another one. More stuff happens ->

ps. Not all my crypt is weenies though. Only one third of the crypt is susceptible to scourge. Having superior obfuscate is a thing.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

Last edit: 11 Apr 2019 12:04 by Bloodartist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2019 08:55 #94551 by goronaga
Replied by goronaga on topic TWD: Black Forest Base - 2
A few notes from the finals.

A preliminary rounds I had played against Katja's SB deck. I knew it was a risk to sit next to her but to win a tournament, some risks must be taken.

Juha's light speed start was a catastrophe to me. Too much pressure on Katja ensured that I have a new predator very soon.

I managed to oust Antti soon after Juha ousted Katja. Time is left a little bit more than half an hour. Juho ousted Juha after an unsuccessful attempt to Banish my Carna. It was a solid plan from Juho to give Juha another oust.

So after 2 hours, it was a heads up situation and we had full time added to the top of that, 30 minutes. I thought I was in a good position because I had more permanent intercept than Juho had permanent stealth. After 18 minutes Juho's deck runs out and good for him, he had one last vote and one last stealth card in his hands.

Juho earned his victory with very solid play and a very solid deck. It was a tough final.

It was nice to try out a plus 10 minutes rule in the final. Although I do not support that rule. It adds more time to situations when it is not necessarily needed. It is a way too straight forward rule. I bet there is another solution to resolve a stalling problem.

As a side note:

This tournament and 14.4. played tournament (Elder Library 3.0) were both 11 players tournament. The sitting order in Archon is not optimal for 11 players tournament. That should be fixed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaakkon, Khormag

More
18 Apr 2019 09:32 - 18 Apr 2019 15:24 #94552 by Khalid1988

The sitting order in Archon is not optimal for 11 players tournament. That should be fixed.

I disagree. The seating order tries to fulfill as many of the criteria as possible listed in the optimal seating page. It is also noted that in some situations it is not possible to fill every criteria. Generally, stating "this is broken" without providing a solution is worse practice than suggesting how the situation could be improved.

Prince of Tikkurila, known as Teemu P in Lackey CCG
File Attachment:
Last edit: 18 Apr 2019 15:24 by Khalid1988.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha, Bloodartist, kschaefer

More
18 Apr 2019 11:25 - 18 Apr 2019 11:27 #94556 by goronaga
Replied by goronaga on topic TWD: Black Forest Base - 2
I am not sure why you are taking this up. This is irrelevant to the topic. If my car broke I will say to the mechanic "My car has broken down and it should be fixed." I am not in a position to tell the mechanic how he/she should fix it. As goes in this. I am not a math wizard or head judge. After several table talk in our mutual playgroup, many of them think, the Archon seating order is not optimal in this situation.
Last edit: 18 Apr 2019 11:27 by goronaga.

More
18 Apr 2019 13:18 #94558 by Mewcat
Replied by Mewcat on topic TWD: Black Forest Base - 2
Where is the Finnish politics? All I see are stealth decks and ally spam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vragozakas

More
18 Apr 2019 18:34 #94566 by Lönkka
Replied by Lönkka on topic TWD: Black Forest Base - 2
My suggestion is not to play with 11 participants.

In similar instances on the tournaments I've run I've stepped away from participating and concentrated only on judge duties. Crappy thing for the judge but way better for the tournament.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boris The Blade, skimflux, Khormag

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds