question-circle What would you like to see in a new expansion?

21 Dec 2011 12:04 #18999 by Amenophobis

a part of players argue that, with a pdf format, you will introduce many copies of the cards, and if just one is over designed, we will see plenty of that. If this card is unique or usable 1 each game, it solves the problem.

By over designed you probably mean over powered, right?
Let's assume that in such a small set the cards get thoroughly playtested, and nothing will be overpowered.

If a unique card is overpowered, it still is overpowered and would need to be addressed, so your proposal is kind of beside the point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2011 12:06 #19000 by Ohlmann

Come on, we all have tried to win with dragonbound, tension, codex and all these crapy cards when playing !gangrel deck. We did not win a tournament except with enkidu or una.

combat deck != !gangrel. They have theirs own set of problem, not having any bleed modifier to oust faster being one of them.

It is still highly recommanded to have some legal manipulation / govern / changeling / living manse / other secondary ousting deck. Is that a bad thing ? Hard to tell, but putting overpowered version of dragonbound will surely not help pure combat deck, just make overpowered the one who already played bleed card.

The problem with dragonbound or Edenic is *not* that they are not powerful enough. It is that putting all your prey's vampire in torpor is both overkill and too difficult to be done reliably.

Also, animalism combat is not really a combat system. It's a cheap way to punish thoses who are unprepared to combat ; it fall apart as soon as you push a little with either real combat focus or S:CE. It's efficient, it's adapted to metagame, but it's not really all of combat.

More
21 Dec 2011 12:31 #19001 by Izaak

The problem with dragonbound or Edenic is *not* that they are not powerful enough. It is that putting all your prey's vampire in torpor is both overkill and too difficult to be done reliably.

Also, animalism combat is not really a combat system. It's a cheap way to punish thoses who are unprepared to combat ; it fall apart as soon as you push a little with either real combat focus or S:CE. It's efficient, it's adapted to metagame, but it's not really all of combat.

This is pretty accurate.

As an aside, Edenic only requires your prey not to have any *untapped* minions. They can be ready just fine. The only real problem with combat is that the people playing it think that empying your preys ready region should make you win.

More
21 Dec 2011 13:31 - 21 Dec 2011 13:38 #19003 by alek

By combat deck you mean animalism combat with 3 cards : deep song ( amazing card, ANI did not need that one) carrion crows and aid from bats, which are existing for 15 years?

By combat deck I mean a deck which main game plan is controling a game through combat (either blocking or rushing). This contains animalism combat, as well as other combat decks. Coming back to my examples from previous ECs, in Paris it was ABO ANI combat (without aid from bats), I don't remeber other finalists. In Warsaw it was CEL guns, POT ANI (no aid from bats) and Rock Cats, with POT ANI winning the finals.

a part of players argue that, with a pdf format, you will introduce many copies of the cards, and if just one is over designed, we will see plenty of that. If this card is unique or usable 1 each game, it solves the problem.

What does this has to do with .pdf format? Would it be any different if it will be printed? Should that mean that every card should be unique/ once per game just in case it's too good? Should we ban/ make unique/ once per game) all good cards and play only with tortured confesions and than ban tortured confesion because it will became too good?
Last edit: 21 Dec 2011 13:38 by alek.

More
21 Dec 2011 14:24 #19005 by aria
@alek
Man, you are so condescendant, you might be a good player but it does not allow you to be an ass on a forum.

I have no problems with pdf format. If the cards are good to play and the game is a little changed for more fun, it is ok for me.
But when you have no more notions like rarityin a CCG, you may have for a moment the internet effect : everyone can play tupdog and indeed, there are many tupdogs decks on internet.
Finally, cards like PTO, or edge explosion have been banned because they were too strong, so, yes, good cards can be banned. It is just a matter of fun.

I have a different analysis on presence or many allies/combat decks in tournaments. People don't play combat defense anymore, and play villein. So the solution is to take blood away before villein and/or send the vampire empty to torpor. When players will re-introduce the number of majesty they used to play ( in law firm ventrue, sethite decks etc), I think we will see disappear all of this animalism and allies.

More
21 Dec 2011 14:43 #19006 by Ohlmann
The fact that animalism combat is used mean that everybody have understood that fewer anti combat are played. That's exactly why people use Carrion + aid from bat, it's very efficient against people who defend with only blood on their vampire.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds