lock Playtest Application

15 Sep 2011 19:43 #10278 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Playtest Application
1) Aleksi Nuora, suolirusetti at gmail dot com, Helsinki, Finland.

2) Yes.

3) Weekly casual games and a tournament every two months or so.

4) 10+.

5) Toolbox, Star Minion.

6) Yes.

7) vekn.net/index.php/forum/30-expansion-sets-a-card-ideas/8794-card-idea-shadows-within-shadows

This is the card that Smoke and Mirrors wanted to be. Seemingly simple but opens up many new crypt possibilities. Rewards big minions with redundant disciplines. Complements outferior Domain of Evernight and Pocket Out of Time for Nehemiah's support vampires. Makes the Nocturn/War Ghoul deck slightly less clunky. The cost of 1 blood at obf and obt seems like a fair trade for the flexibility and falls in line with other obt-stealth cards. Unfortunately, 1-4 stealth from one card is probably too obscene for g2-3 Lasombra voters.

8) Better access to bleed bounce. More specifically, a bounce card for Fortitude. It would make a lot of the fun but unplayable clans and vampires more viable.

The research area could be fleshed out. Maybe something along the lines of an action/master that moves the top X cards from your library to the research area and an action modifier that lets you play other action modifiers from the research area.

Nerf Pentex.

I guess this means that I don't see any fundamental problems with the game. Villein, Wider View and Eyes of Argus have been pretty good for deck variety and balance.

9) Describe your metagame/testing environment.
The topic has been locked.
More
15 Sep 2011 23:27 - 15 Sep 2011 23:30 #10283 by Sydnelson
Replied by Sydnelson on topic Re: Playtest Application
1) Fernando Cesar AKA Sydnelson, , Rio de Janeiro - Brazil, I play online over LackeyCCG and in several states of brazil.

2) Yes

3) I play at least 5 per week online over lackeyccg and 4 times per month with my friends or tournaments.

4) At least 20hrs per week online and 3hrs in normal or tournament games.

5) Bleed\Vote, Block\Combat

6) Yes I can play more than 2 games per week and I also want to offer LackeyCCG as one of playtest plataform. I can create a private version* of vtes plugin and send to choosen playtester. Also can create password protect matchs to avoid other players see those tests.

7) I already send some card ideals and can provide a review of cards that is not balanced, not good or can made a nerf combo.

8) Research Area need to be more effects and cards to use it, Bahari\Imperator need more effects too and the third thing can be new crypt cards to fill group 5 and 6.

9) Ask to players how many years they play and how many tournament they participate. Players that play at long time or too many tournaments can be better to detect combos, overpower cards and impact of this cards and effect to the table.

*) As I said on item 6 and already talk about it in prince list, I offer lackeyccg plataform to test new cards and expasions. I can create a private version specific to this and can put password on all files to avoid leaks.

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro
Last edit: 15 Sep 2011 23:30 by Sydnelson.
More
16 Sep 2011 07:36 #10310 by HalldirLotharos
Hello All,

If you would like to volunteer to be a playtester, please fill out the application below, and post it as a reply to this thread.

Thanks,
Ira

PLAYTESTER APPLICATION

Please note: There aren't any "right" answers to these questions (except to #2 ). For all the rest, we are looking for a mix of people. We don't want to have playtesters who are all spending 5+ hrs/week on VTES; some casual or newer players would be great too.

1) Please list your first and last name, e-mail address, and city/country where you play. If you regularly play online using JOL or another system, you may list that in addition to your physical city.

David Sniegon, , Ostrava, Czech Republic.
Im willing to participate testing through JOL or other programs if there will be people to test with.

2) Do you promise to keep secret all the cards and content of the playtest until at least 12 months after the release of the set?

Yes, of course.

3) How often do you actually play VTES? Describe in a sentence or two (weekly casual game, tournaments, etc.)

Weekly afternoon games 1x, sometimes 2x, 1 tournament/month +-

4) Approximately how many hours per week do you spend on VTES-related things? (including deckbuilding, playing, forum posts, organizing events, etc.)

No idea but i guess it will be +- 3 afternoons a week

5) Pick up to two of the following as your favorite decktypes to build and play (yes, I know it may be hard to pick just two):
Bleed, Vote, Combat, Toolbox, Crazy Combo/Trick, Weenie, Star Minion, Allies/Imbued, Specific Clan (name the clan), Specific Discipline (name the discipline)

hmm... Vote and Toolbox i guess:)

6) If selected as a playtester, do you promise to play at least 2 games per week (for 1 month) using at least some of the cards from the playtest? These would need to be at least 3 player games.

Yes i promise if i get people to test with.

7) Pick any card idea from this forum (that hasn't been picked yet in this thread), include a link to it, and describe why it is or is not balanced. Feel free to compare to existing cards, give examples of a potentially broken combo, etc.

vekn.net/index.php/forum/30-expansion-sets-a-card-ideas/9743-card-idea-month-of-madness

why to make a card which will be instantly banned?

8) What are the top three things that you think could be improved about the game?
Personally i do not feel that there we need changes in rules, but:

This will sound funny but mainly randomize cards in booster packs... you know which uncommon is missing when one is there, also commons come in 3-4 "sets" of them so in booster draft, it gives significant informations.

Also some cards are really confusing in some specific situations so rulings could be more worked on:)

And of course ban Scobax (only fun, our prince will understand this:) )

9) What question would you add/change on this application to ensure we get the best playtesters?

I guess nothing, its well created and it covers every needed question we need in first line of looking for playtesters.

Gl, lot of blood, and hf,
Halldir Lotharos
More
16 Sep 2011 07:46 #10314 by alek
Replied by alek on topic Re: Playtest Application
Can we assume that all playtests games will be played via web? If not it'll be impossible to maintain confidentiality as playing in our local groups will automatically reveal the cards to others
More
16 Sep 2011 07:48 #10315 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Playtest Application

7) Pick any card idea from this forum (that hasn't been picked yet in this thread), include a link to it, and describe why it is or is not balanced. Feel free to compare to existing cards, give examples of a potentially broken combo, etc.

vekn.net/index.php/forum/30-expansion-sets-a-card-ideas/9743-card-idea-month-of-madness

Wow. A second victim of the Month of Madness. :D
What did I wrote earlier? "The whole joke aspect of the card (where the text itself is a haiku) didn't elude you, did it?"

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
More
16 Sep 2011 09:13 #10333 by HalldirLotharos
dont think it will be neccesary, we can always make seperate group of playtesters in local which will know the cards and test...
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds