file Card idea: Delayed Gratification (Sabbat Political Action)

16 Sep 2011 05:25 #10290 by LunaSlave
I've been trying to think of ideas that alter what happens when a Methuselah gets ousted...which made me think of my previous card idea, Diminishing Returns. I've also been thinking about ways to make Sabbat politics more powerful, but different from Parity Shift. I'm not great at templating, but I like this idea...

Here, my friends, is the result.

Delayed Gratification
Political Action
Requires an Archbishop, Cardinal or Regent
Choose a Methuselah. The next time the chosen Methuselah's prey is ousted, he or she is not rewarded with pool immediately. Instead, the pool is gained during the chosen Methuselah's next untap phase afterwards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2011 06:46 #10299 by Ankha
I can't think of any deck I'd like to put this card in. The effect seems too minor and random to be worth (I'll have only 1 turn to try to kill him before he gets his pool, but I can't really control when he will oust his prey).

What do you think about:

Name: Delayed Gratification
Cardtype: Political Action
Requires an Archbishop, Cardinal or Regent
Choose another Methuselah who is not chosen by a Delayed Gratification. If this referendum is successful, put this card in play. The next time the chosen Methuselah's prey is ousted, the pool he or she should earn goes on this card instead of his or her pool. During his or her untap phase, he or she moves a counter to his or her pool.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
16 Sep 2011 07:01 #10303 by alek
Firstly, Sabbat is not about politics. It was always camarilla domain and vtes shows it properly.
Secondly, in case we assume that sabbat politics needs a boost, this card is just too weak to be played

More
16 Sep 2011 07:08 - 16 Sep 2011 07:09 #10304 by LunaSlave
Ankha, I actually had a thought similar to that originally, but I wasn't sure if it would be too strong or not...but yeah, my version's definitely weaker. Actually, I like yours, it's strong, definitely strong enough to play in some decks, would give a unique effect to the Sabbat to counter the dominance of Parity Shift and it's worded quite well. Thank you for improving on my idea!
Last edit: 16 Sep 2011 07:09 by LunaSlave.

More
16 Sep 2011 08:32 #10323 by Boris The Blade
Is there a reason why Prisci cannot play it?

More
16 Sep 2011 08:35 #10324 by Ankha

Is there a reason why Prisci cannot play it?

I guess not. Maybe designer intent? :D

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds