file Card idea: Delayed Gratification (Sabbat Political Action)

16 Sep 2011 08:55 #10328 by LunaSlave
I guess Prisci could play it for more flexibility. No particular reason. No bishops, though. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2011 09:00 #10331 by Boris The Blade
If there is no special reason, then add Priscus to fit in the existing template. There is already far too much fine print in VTES, let's try to make things simple.

More
16 Sep 2011 09:15 #10334 by Juggernaut1981

Name: Delayed Gratification
Cardtype: Political Action
Requires an Archbishop, Cardinal or Regent
Choose another Methuselah who is not chosen by a Delayed Gratification. If this referendum is successful, put this card in play. The next time the chosen Methuselah's prey is ousted, the pool he or she should earn goes on this card instead of his or her pool. During his or her untap phase, he or she moves a counter to his or her pool.

Delayed Gratification
Political Action
Requires a Priscus, Archbishop, Cardinal or Regent.
Choose any number of other Methuselahs who do not have a Delayed Gratification counter. If this referendum is successful, and give the chosen Methuselah a Delayed Gratification counter. When their prey is ousted they will not gain the pool for ousting their prey as normal. Instead they will gain 1 pool during each of their untap phases until they have gained the correct amount. When A Methuselah has gained the last counter, burn their Delayed Gratification counter.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
16 Sep 2011 09:27 #10336 by alek

Delayed Gratification
Political Action
Choose any number of other Methuselahs who do not have a Delayed Gratification counter. If this referendum is successful, and give the chosen Methuselah a Delayed Gratification counter. When their prey is ousted they will not gain the pool for ousting their prey as normal. Instead they will gain 1 pool during each of their untap phases until they have gained the correct amount. When A Methuselah has gained the last counter, burn their Delayed Gratification counter.

In this shape it's much better, interesting and worth including in the deck

More
16 Sep 2011 09:45 - 16 Sep 2011 09:46 #10339 by Ankha

Name: Delayed Gratification
Cardtype: Political Action
Requires an Archbishop, Cardinal or Regent
Choose another Methuselah who is not chosen by a Delayed Gratification. If this referendum is successful, put this card in play. The next time the chosen Methuselah's prey is ousted, the pool he or she should earn goes on this card instead of his or her pool. During his or her untap phase, he or she moves a counter to his or her pool.

Delayed Gratification
Political Action

Why a counter instead of the card?

Unless I missed something, I prefer to put the card in play because:
- it's easier to remember than a token ("is that a pool?" one may ask after a few turns)
- the card text is always visible
- it's easier to keep track of the pool yet to gain to put it on the card

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 16 Sep 2011 09:46 by Ankha.

More
16 Sep 2011 10:08 #10344 by LunaSlave
I agree with Ankha, putting it on the card is much more elegant. The only change I'd make to the first version is allowing Prisci to call it, something I basically left out of the original, too weak card just by simply forgetting to include them. Of course it would require playtesting, but I think a card like that would actually be printable, uniquely interesting, and fairly rewarding to Sabbat politics. The situational negotiations that could go on when placing this card on a Methuselah other than your prey are very interesting, too.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds