file Card Idea: Silvester de Ruiz (Lasombra 11 cap)

17 Sep 2011 09:49 - 17 Sep 2011 11:18 #10389 by simcof
Lasombra don't have an 11 cap but Tzimisce do. thats hardly fair!

Silvester de Ruiz
Lasombra:laso:
:DOM: :OBT: :POT: :AUS: :for:
Regent.
If Silvester successfully performs a political action, he may inflict 2 damage on a vampire controlled by your prey after resolution.
+2 bleed.
Last edit: 17 Sep 2011 11:18 by simcof. Reason: edited based on thread ideas. will update as we debate this vamp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2011 10:49 #10399 by Disco_Stu
Hey Simcof,

Looks pretty sweet, he's clearly a voting machine! I don't think there's much wrong with the design, except as a Sabbat Regent I'd like to see him a bit more combat-ready, or perhaps have a more 'bruise' effect for his special.

Would you consider dropping him down to :pre: and adding extra strength or bleed?

Alternatively, what about an inbuilt damage-dealing effect to his voting?
"If Silvester successfully performs a political action, he may inflict 2 damage on a vampire controlled by your prey at the end of that action." That is; call a KRC, then do a Horseshoes for free :) That is not necessarily as well as his current special, naturally!

cheers
Disco Stu

More
17 Sep 2011 10:57 - 17 Sep 2011 11:01 #10400 by Boris The Blade
Groups 2-3 are already full of Lasombra with :pre:. You should find something less boring. How about :AUS: so he can play with Bruce de Guy?

His special is probably too strong and does not fit with the theme: playing with the Ash Heap should be a :nec: thing.
Last edit: 17 Sep 2011 11:01 by Boris The Blade.

More
17 Sep 2011 11:21 #10406 by simcof
i edited the original to reflect the ideas of the thread. i think the first version I put up was actually pretty bad! this version seems smoother.

any further ideas for the special would be good.

the +2 bleed is to bring him in line with most of the other 11 caps.

i took off the Presence so he is less easily co-opted into other degenerate vote decks. this means we can make the special a little stronger.

More
17 Sep 2011 11:49 - 17 Sep 2011 11:52 #10409 by Surreal
I really like the idea of that vampire. Special could be also like Lutz special but inflicting one dmg to your prey's vampires instead. It really fits obteneration and sabbat also. Could still use some small special b/c Lutz's special is much stronger.

Silvester de Ruiz
Lasombra :laso:
:DOM: :OBT: :POT: :AUS: :for:
Regent.
While Silvester is ready, choose a minion controlled by your prey each time the referendum of a political action passes. Chosen minion takes 1 unpreventable damage.
+2 bleed.
Last edit: 17 Sep 2011 11:52 by Surreal.

More
17 Sep 2011 16:07 #10416 by Brum
Storywise it's a sound idea, because the :sabbat: had only 4 Regents and only 2 of them are known - Gorchist and Merlinda Galbraith.
Also, 3 out of 4 where :laso: (Merlinda counts as :laso: ).
But there's a catch: all Regents were slain before another took office and Merlinda was the last (took office between the Great Wars).

I'm parcial to the release of Montano, since he seems to me the only really competent and loyal :laso: there is. :)

Tiago

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds