file Autarkis

18 Sep 2011 18:06 #10456 by direwolf
Autarkis was created by direwolf
Over the expansions we've seen a lot of additional status text for Vampires, including Red List, Black Hand; a new non-ect Anarchs; and also semi-titles like Seraph etc.

Well in the role-playing game, I always liked the idea of Autarkis. Including Autarkis in V:tES as a type of vampire is probably a dumb idea, but I'm going to include my thoughts here, maybe others will have some interesting ideas to expand on it.

I would expect an Autarkis vampire in V:tES would be considered Independent and clanless (but not Caitiff). There would probably be a restriction on their ability to cast votes in referendums.

The first thing to consider: is being Autarkis a good thing or a bad thing? Well if you want it to be a bad thing, like Red List, then you make some cards that allow you to force others to become Autarkis and make cards that do bad things to Autarkis. Red List tends to be combat oriented, you might make Autarkis the political version of it.

If you want it to be a good thing, then what are the advantages? Well like the Anarchs, Red List and Black Hand, a full set of cards would be required to support playing Autarkis vampires. Unfortunately, it would probably be just another version of "anarcks" which would be kinda dumb.

Can we have it both ways? I think so.

Hers's what I suggest: Make anti-Autarkis cards, and ways to force others to become Autarkis. Also, make Autarkis compatible with going Anarck. An Anarch Autarkis might remove some of the restrictions of being Autarkis, and at the same time you can make cards that require Autarkis.

The reasoning is that the anarchs don't have a unified political system. An Autarkis, who either by choice or force, does not have a sect, would likely be recruited by anarchs.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2011 19:12 #10461 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Autarkis
Could you explain what is Autarkis?

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
18 Sep 2011 19:20 #10463 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: Autarkis

Could you explain what is Autarkis?

Sorry, for those of you not versed in WoD lore, Autarkis are vampires that are excluded from sect and clan. It is either by choice they remove themselves from vampire society, or they are shunned by their sect or clan.

Politically, Autarkis hold less weight than Caitiff. By and large, no one cares if an Autarkis is killed, and if the Camarilla or Sabbat moved into an area where an Autarkis resided, the Autarkis would likely just move on.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
19 Sep 2011 03:21 #10478 by the1andonlime
Replied by the1andonlime on topic Re: Autarkis
I personally would prefer not to have a new keyword that has rules attachec (e.g. Red List). Making it something like Bahari or Camarilla would be preferably, should such a mechanic come into the game.

Of course, the current online sentiment is "no new mechanics please", so I'm not sure how this idea will go down with the community.

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

More
19 Sep 2011 05:12 #10481 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Autarkis
Seems like a fairly boring description/trait.

I'd much prefer to see them focussing on synergy between Black Hand vampires, generally more interesting and violent sabbat tactics and so on.

Introducing a non-Clan, non-Sect vampire trait that would basically only function as a penalty for vampires (e.g. Autarkis vampire cannot have titles) seems like a big pain in the butt.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
19 Sep 2011 06:41 - 19 Sep 2011 06:42 #10486 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Autarkis
By that description I'd say the Autarkis should be either Red List, regular vampires with some political disadvantages, or most likely non-existent in the game. IMHO a whole new keyword that would by definition include only vampires, who more or less don't involve themselves in the Jyhad would be a bit over the top.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!
Last edit: 19 Sep 2011 06:42 by jhattara.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds