file Card idea: Trophy: Armor of Goliath and Trophy: Ainkurn Sword

19 Sep 2011 14:22 - 19 Sep 2011 14:23 #10543 by Ankha
I wanted to create combat-oriented trophies. Since they're trophies, they can be more powerful than regular equipments, but I made them non-usable by "unworthy" minions.
They can still be destroyed or stolen though.

Name: Trophy: Armor of Goliath
Cardtype: Master
Master. Trophy.
When this card is moved to a vampire, it becomes an unique equipment that can be used only by that vampire. Each strike or damaging effect made against bearer during combat inflicts 1 less damage.

The wording is the same as Nephandus', except it works also against environmental damage.

Name: Trophy: Ainkurn Sword
Cardtype: Master
Master. Trophy.
When this card is moved to a vampire, it becomes an unique cold iron melee weapon (equipment) that can be used only by that vampire and that does strength+1 damage each strike. Damage from this weapon's strikes cannot be prevented except by other strikes. Once each round, bearer may cancel a grapple card played by the opposing minion as it is played (no cost is paid), and the Ainkurn Sword can't be used for the initial strike that round.

A melee weapon that does moderate damage, but they can't be prevented by non-strike cards to illustrate the fact that is it very keen. I burrowed the Joumlon's Axe grapple-cancelling effect, with a little twist (you're forced to use the axe, here you can't use the sword).

Are they interesting? If not why?
Are they balanced? If not why? (keep in mind they're trophies).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 19 Sep 2011 14:23 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2011 14:37 #10545 by Isanwayen
Cool ideas. I like both of them,but...
The grapple cancel effect from the sword makes not that much sense to me. Why cancel a grapple as a close combat deck? If you do, just to make sure, you can use your melee weapons. It does not harmonize. You may cancel the grapple, to be able to use your weapon, but you can't use it by the special text of it... so you need another weapon... kinda cheesy
The following user(s) said Thank You: drstrange26

More
19 Sep 2011 15:00 - 19 Sep 2011 15:11 #10546 by Boris The Blade
Why cancel a grapple if you only have your hands left to use anyway? The sword is too weak. As you said, it's pretty much a Joumlon's Axe, an equipment that costs 0 pool. This is not worthy of a trophy. Maybe make it +2 strength or aggravated strength damage instead of the prevent text?
Last edit: 19 Sep 2011 15:11 by Boris The Blade.

More
19 Sep 2011 15:04 #10547 by Ankha

Cool ideas. I like both of them,but...
The grapple cancel effect from the sword makes not that much sense to me. Why cancel a grapple as a close combat deck? If you do, just to make sure, you can use your melee weapons. It does not harmonize. You may cancel the grapple, to be able to use your weapon, but you can't use it by the special text of it... so you need another weapon... kinda cheesy

You're at close range. The opposing minion tries to grapple you, but you use your sword defensively as a lethal threat would he come too close.
Or it's simply imbued with special powers.
The grapple-cancel part could be dropped, but losing the sword to a Canine Horde is already harsh, so not being able to use it under grapple seemed a bit too much.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
19 Sep 2011 15:11 #10550 by Boris The Blade
Yes, it probably needs something against Canine Horde too: once per round this vampire can burn a blood to cancel a grapple or strike card played by the opposing minion. Now that's worth playing.

More
19 Sep 2011 16:41 #10555 by agzocgud
Very cool ideas. As for the power curve, I believe that you can design a weapon worth 3 pool.

Some protection against burning and/or steling the sword in combat would be nice.
Limited in-built rush would strengthen the trophy concept.

Overkill is highly underrated. You know, like in computor games and such.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds